Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:21 PM   #101

Thanks.

The lighting was multicolored stage lights and spots - real tricky.

It was a non flash photo of course. I usually use the P mode but I took a lot of similar pics that night and that one was just using the 'Natural' high ISO auto mode. Most were taken at ISO 800 and I put several through Noiseware but that one wasn't.

Cheers

Rob
Rob Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 8:56 PM   #102

Gee folks keep this thread running. Here is another shot I took on Sunday and gave it the Orton Effect. What do you think?
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:17 PM   #103

Rob Mac. That High ISO pic looks kinda useful, I must try high iso pics to see what i can get

Bynx. uhmm I think the orton effect could do great in some landscape's like the one with the train. Also Please put the original file or if you can send me the original pic of the butterfly to my email [email protected]

See Ya.

cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 9:52 PM   #104

Bynx, cool photo.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:14 PM   #105

Thank you flutelady. This was a so so pic that I ”spruced up”. By the way I hope you dont mind what I did with your Royal Gorge pic in Transportation.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 9:25 AM   #106

Bynx, Hi, Thank you, the Royal Gorge picture looks much better.(I do not mind)What did you do to fix the colors. That was the day that I bought my new S700. The scenery was amazing.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 4:28 PM   #107

I just put your pic through Photoshop. I also added a bit of sky and clouds. Gee great day to get your new camera. Beautiful spot. Did you go in the arial car? The pics from there must be spectacular.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:39 PM   #108

Bynx, Thank you for the photoshop info. I have a basic photo program that came on my computer that I have not usedfor editing.

Yes,the ride on the Aerial Tram was awesome and I did take some photos. The scenery was beautiful.

Old Sep 1, 2007, 7:42 PM   #109

What are your thoughts on a UV filter and a polarizer for the S700?
Old Sep 1, 2007, 10:00 PM   #110

I have access to all my filters from my 35mm Pentax. I just needed a step up ring from 46mm to 49mm. So I can use my Skylight filter, Polarizer etc. Im hesitant to use them as I dont want to lose image quality. I fear the pics will take on the softness that I was getting with my Pentax. I have as yet to test this out but I will do it and get back to you. Also I cant see the difference when I turn the polarizer so it will be difficult to use. I recommend a Skylight or UV filter just for safety for your camera lens. Then you only have to buff up the filter and not the lens itself.