Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 28, 2007, 12:20 AM   #181

My first half decent shot of the moon. I think not bad for an S-700.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:34 AM   #182

Bynx,

What focusing mode did you use? Manual or Auto Focus?

I'm using FastStone Image Viewer and it only shows metering mode (and it's "Average", don't know if it's correct). I don't see if focusing mode is included in EXIF...Or is it because of my viewer?

What kind of PP did you use? And why did you call it "half decent"? I think it's nice. There may be some noise but the detail is still there. I'm still trying to get a shot like yours
DChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 6:56 AM   #183

Last nite it was quite cloudy out and I actually shot this through some cloud covering which was also moving quite fast. You cant use auto anything to get this shot with the S700. It was totally manual. I had to force the camera to underexpose the image. ISO was 64. I wanted to get a fast shutter speed. The f-stop was pretty open. I say this is only half decent shot because there are some really amazing lunar shots here. But its the best one I have ever taken. All the failures before were just due to my stupidity. Its amazing how underexposed the picture has to be to get it right.
I did a bit of fiddling in Photoshop to bring out the details but they were there to begin with. Shadow/Highlight on the moon only.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:06 AM   #184

Bynx,

The details in your moon shot are awesome! You do wonderful work, and I will miss seeing your photos here. Keep clicking away! Best of luck! Roble
Robleemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:36 PM   #185

Hi folks. 1st post here, although I've been watching this topic with some interest for a while. Sure are some amazing pics posted here that came from this camera.

My wife purchased the s700 a while back to catalog some of her aunts antiques. After that was finished, it was put in the closet and not used for a long time.

After seeing some of the work here I decided to dust it off and try my hand at using it. A couple of the results are posted below.

I know these aren't the best quality photos... I'm not a photographer and I have no idea how to use Photoshop. These were hand-held shots and the critter had better things to do than hold still for a picture, and they were only resized in MS Paint (don't say a word :P )

Hope someone else likes them like I do.
Attached Images

DJQuig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:38 PM   #186

( continued ^ )
Attached Images

DJQuig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:01 PM   #187

Bynx, I think it is possible to get some decent moon shots setting the camera to shutter priority. These shots were taken in Tv mode, and though not perfect since I just held camera up and shot, I think with a tripod you could get some decent ones. I tried getting some better ones the following night when the moon was bigger and brighter but my camera refuses to do it now :sad:

Optical zoom only:

With digital zoom:

janger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:28 AM   #188

DJ, very nice photos.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:32 AM   #189

Bynx, Awesome capture of the glistening feathers and detail of the gackle. Very beautiful photo of the moon.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:35 AM   #190

Bynx,here is another photo from the yo-yo effect.
Attached Images