Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:25 AM   #251

In Canada most Canadians revere the Group of Seven. This watercolor effect is very similar to one of their styles. I really like it but feel like its really cheating compared to those long gone artists. Nonetheless, it does a good job on an otherwise bland picture. Thanks flutelady.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:09 PM   #252

Moving right along with the Christmas/Festivus thing this is a shot of the Bynx family tree. Happy Festivus for the restofus.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:22 PM   #253

Bynx, wonderful photo, looks like a post card.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:00 PM   #254

Hi, here is a photo that I took yesterday.
Attached Images

flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 2:39 PM   #255

Nice shot flutelady. Ah that I could take such a picture now but all Id get is a duck frozen in the lake.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:55 AM   #256

Hello everybody.. I just joined up today and am trying to decide on a camera.
The S700 is my pic so far.. and from seeing all of Yall's images it kinda confirms it.
I have been hanging out in Walmart playing with this camera, so I'm gonna try and post a pic in this message. The camera was tethered to the display counter (lol!)
so this shot is of some balloons in the store at 10X zoom- ISO 800- F/3.5-1/125 sec.
Looking forward to conversing with u folks!

Attached Images

Kenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:28 PM   #257

This is another shot from another thread. Hope to keep this thread going. Its just a block of ice with colored lights behind it.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:07 PM   #258

Hi people. I have a very specific question about the S700. Do any of you have any experience with add-on telephoto and/or macro lenses? I would love to go with a 2 or 3x telephoto but my son had one for his Canon and the quality of the pictures were terrible. If you have experience with one please tell me the manufacturer and whether you can use autofocus with them.

Also, I'm going to be taking pics of this years Daytona 500....auto or manual suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
carrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:03 PM   #259

A third party makes a telephoto and wide angle lens which screws on the front. The price is about 60 bucks. Fuji also makes the same but is about 3 times more expensive. But Id be more apt to use that lens from Fuji than the third party. However, seeing is believing so visit your local camera shop and compare. Unfortunately my local store didnt stock either lenses. Ive used 2x and 3x teleconverters on my old 35mm which gave all my pics a milky softness to them. Definately not worth it.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:16 AM   #260

so, wait, on the S700, it says flash ranges with telephoto and, I don't know, a whole bunch of other stuff (didn't pay attention really), so, for that to take..... nevermind, I got it figured out..
stupid me!
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote