Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 21, 2008, 3:04 AM   #301

In photography, a fisheye lens is a wide-angle lens that takes in an extremely wide, hemispherical image. Originally developed for use in meteorology and astronomy and called "whole-sky lenses", fisheye lenses quickly became popular in general photography for their unique, distorted appearance. They are often used by photographers shooting broad landscapes to suggest the curve of the Earth. Hemispherical photography is used for various scientific purposes to study plant canopy geometry and to calculate near-ground solar radiation.

taken form wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens
Attached Images

Faitho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 3:05 AM   #302

An example of the image... i didnt take it...

Attached Images

Faitho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:07 AM   #303

Hi All,

This is my first post on these forums...i've just purchased the S5700 (S700) and after an intial play around it seems like an awesome camera for the small outlay of cash.

I used a SanDisk Ultra 2gb SD card (with USB) and as I went to eject the card by pushing it in for it to pop up and slide out the card wont slide out. It does press in and pop up but when i grab it and pull it, it seems locked in still.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me tips on what to do? I've tried everything to get it out but it seems stuck. I tried to be smart and also to use some force, but neither seems to work ....
stevie_fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:05 AM   #304

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Ive had my S700 since mid June. I use close up lenses a lot. I wish i had a polarizing filter. Im going to get the wide angle lens and telephoto lens by fuji which screws on the front. There isnt much else to buy that I would want. Im using all my filters from my old 35mm so that saved me a few bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/Fuji-FinePix-D...618&sr=8-3

would those be some good accesories?
seisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:18 AM   #305

Seiskly that is the first accessory kit I looked on online. Its a great deal. In fact too good to be true. The whole kit cost half the price of just one lens alone here. So I would say the quality is no good. However, if a store sold it here and I could try a lens on my camera and it looked ok I woud certainly get that kit. It has everything except the close up lens.

Stevie, any chance you put the disk in backwards? At any rate just pull it out. If it pops up it will pull out. You might try wiggling it sideways as you pull up. I just looked and my card is blue and the ends taper towards the back of the camera. I would imagine all cards are designed the same.
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:28 AM   #306

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Seiskly that is the first accessory kit I looked on online. Its a great deal. In fact too good to be true. The whole kit cost half the price of just one lens alone here. So I would say the quality is no good. However, if a store sold it here and I could try a lens on my camera and it looked ok I woud certainly get that kit. It has everything except the close up lens.
ok, thanks. There are no camera stores around here unless you count walmart as a camera store, and I know they won't have it. I'll check next time I'm there though. but trying 'em seems out of the question. the lenses by fujifilm are more than I want to spend on a P&S digital camera. I think I might just get the close up lens set, filters, memory card, and a digital photography book, and then the holga and a few accessories.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 8:33 AM   #307

Seisky I have a lot of ebooks on photography. Id be glad to send them to you.
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:08 PM   #308

Wow, I am sure glad to have stumbled onto this forum. I recently bought this s700 camera, and would like to use it to it's full potential. Bynx, your contribution is more than greatly appreciated. I am trying to use my camera to simply take some good pictures with friends outdoors but now am interested in maybe some accessories.

Your pictures are beautiful and if possible, I'd also like to be suggested some e-books for photograph basics.

The most immediate question I have now is, do photographers train themselves to have a stiller hand when taking pictures or do you really have to use a tripod for everything.

Without the fast shutter speed when flash is used I always get blurred or lower quality pictures without flash. Also for starters, I am trying to get the lighting right when taking pictures indoors, at a lower light ambiance like a restaurant. Been trying to take good pictures of the various food at restaurants during our local dine-out event.

Seisky:

I high suggest against buying that set, although the price seems attractive the lens in general are not great at all, even out of Opteka's products those are lower end. Again the only thing useful would be the tripod, cleaning kit, and table tripod. I suggest you buy those alone, as they can be bought from the same website for 24.95. Using the tripod alone you can create some already great photos. It'd be better to buy a 80 dollar entry focal lens or wide angle lens to start.

Links:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Case.../dp/B000EVLV6M
http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Delu...184&sr=1-6

The only issue I was thinking about was the adapter for the lens to slide in place that might only be avaible through that cheap 90 dollar kit. The main warning I mean is that those opteka lens have only given poor reviews. Any extra dollar saved is a dollar towards better equipment.
D-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 7:24 PM   #309

Thanks for all the help again guys!

I think I'm going to ask for the tripods/lens cleaning/bag/lcd protectors kit, the close up lens set, a book, anda memory card for the S700.I'm going to ask for a Holga, Holga filter set,Holga 35mm adaptor, aHolga book, 35mm film, and gift cards for developing from other people.

Bynx: I'm planning on getting this book: http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photog...248&sr=8-1 And I'd rather have a book that I can bring on trips and whatnot to have some reading. Thanks for the offer though.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 7:49 PM   #310

I'd say the most important add-on would be memory cards. I've bought a couple of Transend 2g SD cards from Newegg.com at $12.99 each, no shipping. Probably the best price around if you can wait three days to get them. Each holds over 500 shots on the best settings. I also have added 8 Eneloop AA batteries, so on an outing I should be able to shoot over 1,000 pics. Will take a heck of a long time to edit them though. :?

Here's an example of editing without changing the shoot. This was taken in the fog/haze.
Attached Images

carrolf is offline   Reply With Quote