Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:18 PM   #321

Seisky, Did you read that review of the 3x Kenko on that site?

carrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:20 PM   #322

carrolf wrote:
Quote:
flutelady

Did I totally confuse everybody with that explanation of compression?
carrolf, Hi, I understood your explaination. Thank you.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:48 PM   #323

Does anyone know if general lenses will fit on the s700. Is there a specific adapter I can use?

As far as I know, there is room for 46mm filters on the ridges on it already, but how do I connect other lenses? Like I was looking for a telephoto lens and a Wide Angle lens but not sure what will fit.

I'm going to Japan soon, anyone know if it will be more worthit to go look around there?
D-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:56 PM   #324

The only lenses for the S700 have to screw onto the front with a 46mm thread. Filters of any size can be attached with the appropriate stepup ring. For example 46 to 52mm or 46 to 55mm.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:31 AM   #325

Can a adapter ring be used for lenses? or will that change the distance too much?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:39 AM   #326

If your camera has a 46mm diameter lens thread then a lens designed for that thread size is the only one to use. There are optics which have to be in place for them to work properly. Unlike filters they have to be precise to give sharp focus. I would imagine if you use a lens designed for another camera itwould not work properly and at best would give you a soft focus look to your pics.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:18 AM   #327

is this what I would needto usea lens with 37mm threads?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Ring_Lens.html
seisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:34 AM   #328

That step down ring will allow you to attach a filter to a 46mm lens. You cant attach a 37mm lens to your 46mm lens and get pics of any quality. Lenses are different than filters. Also a filter shouldnt be smaller than the lens size. Otherwise you will have black around your pics. At least there will be something funny going on. Make a circle with your hands holding thumbs together and pointing fingers together. Now bring that circle up to your eye and look through. Thats the lens for your camera. Now make your circle smaller. You can now see your fingers. I think your camera would do the same.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:44 PM   #329

Yeah, normally you would use step-up rings in order to use a larger filter for a camera with lower ring diameter correct?

My question now is, where and from what company were you able to find 46mm telephoto or wide angle lenses?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:41 PM   #330

Hello everyone.

Bynx, I have seen you refer to a lens for the S700 that is made by Fuji. Where? I've checked many places including Fuji's site and can't find it...could you post a link?
carrolf is offline   Reply With Quote