Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:38 PM   #401

last one tonight

Attached Images

carrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:38 PM   #402

Check with the Fuji site and make sure 102 contains the upgrade of 101 as well before you install it.
For fun visit the BiWeekly Photo Challenge here. This weeks challenge is to shoot a pic which relates directly to the name of a movie. Check it out to get the idea and play along.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:56 AM   #403

Hi all .. I hav been watching this site for a while now and truly admire the talent displayed here. I hav had my S5700 for a while now and hav taken some wonderful pics with it .. well I think they are wonderful anyway lol.

Bynx .. I was wondering about the update and how important it is .. is the light on with 2 sec timer the only thing it improves?

Also i hav noticed that a number of my landscape pics are not as crisp as i would like and hav been thinking of trading up to the S9600 .. i would welcome any suggestions re this. I hav read that the S5700's lightness may be a cause of some lack of crispness re "camera shake". Is it just a matter of using a tripod more. I've noticed a number of macro shots on this post that are fantastic and my portrait type shots are fine it just seems to be lanscapes with trees and bushes etc that dont seem to be crisp.

Anyway enuf questions for now .. great forum and i will be here as long as its running .. here are a few pics I took on a recent fishing trip ( it seems i get as much a blast from agood pic nowadays as i do from actually catching a fish hehe)

Oh btw .. I am from South Australia

Attached Images

Arabscamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:58 AM   #404

1 More

Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:59 AM   #405

and lastly ...

Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:37 AM   #406

Well g'day mate. You have started off with some good examples from the S5700. The upgrade to 1.01 is a worthy one in my opinion. I use the 2 second timer often when using a tripod because I noticed a lot of camera shake even then. So the 2 seconds gives the camera that time to settle down after squeezing the shutter. Having the red light on all the time until you turn the camera off is a waste of battery power and if shooting birds it just scares them away. I cant remember what else it fixes but the upgrade was worth it. I didnt have any problems and followed the instructions to the letter and it just took a couple of minutes.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:36 AM   #407

Thanks for that Bynx ... it makes sense .. I will upgrade firmware tomorrow as it is nearly bed time here.

heres another pic you might like taken on Fraser Island off the Queensland coast.

Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:49 AM   #408

Nice shots arabscamel. Really long pole you guys use for surf fishing down there.
carrolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:27 PM   #409

Thanks Carrolf ... The rods we use are generally around the 12' mark and 20-25lb line. My best to date is a 50lb Mulloway.

The fishing shots were taken as a storm passed by and the light was just one of those magical moments that u hav to see to appreciate. It only lasted about 3/4 hr and I spent nearly the whole time with the rod out of the water just taking photos and when u are as keen a fisho as me thats not a bad effort lol.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 8:37 PM   #410

Very nice sunset photos.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote