Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 25, 2008, 3:57 PM   #461

For your first posts you are doing quite well. I still havent figured out how to post more than one at a time. Im glad you explained the size difference on the opteka 3.5X lens. Im not that pleased with the results. While it captures images which you cant see otherwise, the quality isnt anything to write home about. Im going to get the Fuji lens and see if there is a difference. Its a matching lens so perhaps the quality will be better. As for your shots themselves I particularly like your low lying ones. The one with the cycle left, green mossy trees behind and the person in red leather on the right, and the next pic of the low shot on the yellow stripes on the road. Good focus on both those. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 5:44 PM   #462
BGL

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Im not that pleased with the results. While it captures images which you cant see otherwise, the quality isnt anything to write home about. Im going to get the Fuji lens and see if there is a difference.
This pretty much summarizes it well. Its only use seems to be 'planned' shootings. Such as the ones in the pictures. I'm not sure a polarizer +/-UV can correct some of the coloring (in the day/outdoor stuff) - Pretty much what you see is what you get & what you pay for.

One thing i don't have a pic of is the vignetting prior to 3/4ths+ zoom which is ... grossly obvious to say the least - Factoring the cost of the camera today + the lens it's still not a bad deal though

The moon shots post processing (&/or grayscale) make it worth the ~$70 for the lens. One thing i don't have a picture (online) of at the moment is a cross between layering grayscale ontop of the original (using photoshop) which .. if you are against full grayscale comes out not too bad.. bit flat on the color but at least not missing color entirely. Knocking out (the) yellow is fairly simple (in photoshop) too.

One might be wondering where my eclipse pictures are.. well i totally blew that shoot. A combination of the (more then usual) movement of the moon + eclipse movement caused me to brain fart on increasing the ISO above 64. They all basically turned out worse than my prior moon pictures.

As far as the offered fujifilm tele lens i've not seen it before (online) but i do recall you talking about it earlier in this thread (iirc)

Regarding multiple pictures in one post, the easiest way to see how i did it is maybe clicking the 'quote' button of that post and looking at the 'code'
BGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:58 PM   #463

Hey thanks BGL for taking the time to share. I've been pondering a X-lens, but was uncertain as you just can't get very much info on it.....

I see some possibilities if your expectations are reasonable
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 7:27 PM   #464

R we dead yet........... :?

Well....just in case, I'll post anywayz :|

From a couple of days ago....

A few to share from recent shots.....

Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:25 PM   #465

carrolf wrote:
Quote:
Thunderbirds Fly-Over

Carrolf, nice photos, the Thunderbirds Fly-over is very cool.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:34 PM   #466

BGL, nice photos, #14 - #18 (nature scenes) are very nice.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:38 PM   #467

Eddie H., very pretty photos, #2 is beautiful. for photo #2.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:40 AM   #468

Hey Lady....I didn't get a cool thumbie tho too.......:O

Can I get one for this :homey:

Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:53 PM   #469

Eddie H, beautiful photo
Old Mar 1, 2008, 9:45 AM   #470

A couple shots I used for the BiWeekly Challenge but were taken with my S700 so a good place to include here to show you what this baby can do.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote