Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:21 PM   #41

Thank you flutelady for your nice compliments. The whole purpose of this thread, at least for me, and I believe for bynx as well, is to help folks with their S-700/S-5700 cameras, to share techniques, and to encourage the users posting here to share their photos so we can provide that help.

Both bynx and I have extensive photographic experience. So we are well qualified to help anyone visiting this thread. I am a Professional Digital Camera Instructor who conducts Digitasl Camera Workshops on cruise ships, so I am only here intermittently. For example I will be here until 09/23 and then will be gone through the end of 2007, out doing workshops again.

So flutelady, and everyone else,this would be a good time to post your photos, if you would like some help with your photos, or with the Fuji S-700 camera. You might wonder why I posted S-700/S-5700 above. Well this camera is known as the S-700 in the USA, in Asia and Europe, Fuji calls it the S-5700. The are both exactly the same camera.

Here is my photo for today. We have baby squirrels running around in the back yard. They are really very quick and hardly stay still, but if you have patience, and if you standback and use the zoom on the S-700/S5700 you can get some great shots.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:48 PM   #42

Thank you Sarah for your kind words. And yes, Im here to help. Since the S700 is a new camera we are all on a learning curve right now. Any questions about using it as well as post production queries using Photoshop just ask away. Now I prefer exotic birds but I had to settle for the sea gull. The male is really an attractive clean looking bird.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 4:07 PM   #43

Bargain camera @ £123 from Amazon UK.

I've been a bit dissapointed by my P&S Sony T100 (@over £300)

So it was a nice surprise this camera performs so well.

I have some sample photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Gregory.Marsh/20070811Hampstead

Shaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:55 PM   #44

Hi Greg. Here is a simple quick fix for one of your underexposed pics. I used Shadow/Highlight in Photoshop to give some detail in the shadows.
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:58 PM   #45

Mtclimber and Bynx, hi here is a recent photo of one of my favorite subjects.
Attached Images

flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:10 PM   #46

Another one of my favorites to photograph.
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:25 PM   #47

Hi flutelady. Two nice shots of your pets. Black cats are hard to get the details. I brought some out but didnt touch the eyes. I left them as they were.
Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:20 AM   #48

Bynx, Thank you, I have other photos posted in the Biweekly challenge, I have one in the Portrait and a couple in the abstract.

When I took the photo of my black cat I was trying to figure out the whole ISO thing since he was partly in the shade.

Thank you for your comments.

Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:52 AM   #49

Flutelady-

Thanks for posting. That is the way we all learn. Those are two nice example photos. As Bynx mentioned, black cats are difficult to photograph and I usually end of resorting to photo editing to bring out the proper detail.

Here is my photo for the day. It is another of those baby squirrels. The sun was so bright that I used some minus exposure compensation to retain the hair detail on the little guy. Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:49 PM   #50

Thank you Sarah. That guy is so cute. And some people ask why we take pictures.