Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 15, 2008, 4:34 PM   #501

Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 4:35 PM   #502

Attached Images

Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:28 PM   #503

Eddie H. great photos, beautiful scenery.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:31 PM   #504

Bynx, great series,great work anda beautiful church
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:10 PM   #505

OK, can I bail out?

I am going to move from the Fuji S-700 (S-5700) which I love, to the Fuji S-8000 to take advantage of the Fuji S-8000 $50 Rebate. Is that allowed? I hope so, because I am going to do it!

Please join us in a new Fuji S-8000 photo show, I honestly think that it will be a measureable improvement.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:15 PM   #506

Ok Sarah, what are you going to do with your S700? Is it a trade-in? And is it worth getting the S8000 in place of the S700?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:36 AM   #507

Bryx-

I sincerely believe that getting then S-8000 and setting aside the S-700 as a spare camera is worth it. The S-8000 appears to be a very complete camera. I have followed the images at www.pbase and have been more than impressed by the Fuji S-8000 images. Yes, it is a bit of a stretch, but I am going to make the leap. Please wish me luck!

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 16, 2008, 7:42 AM   #508

Wishing you luck goes without saying. I have known you since I got my S700 back in mid June and I consider you a dear ally in the world of photography. Ive never taken so many pictures in all my life as the number Ive taken since June. http://www.photo.net/photos/Bynx
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:55 AM   #509

Cool looking chruch Bynx....that steeple looks like sumtin you'd see sitting on the Pope's head....only a smaller version of course :O

Just messing around yesterday, Icaught a short break from the incessant rain of late, and decided to stroll out on the beach. The tide was out pretty good, providing some easy treading over mostly sandy mud. Most of the baldies stayed out of range, as did the other birds of prey, as they fed on the stuff left exposed by the receding water

So...I was left to improvise for subjects....

This one I call the wall. Its the berm wall that keeps the water where it belongs when it comes back in
The white shells you see scattered about are clam shells, that have broken open from waves and eagles and gullspry them open to eat the meat.

This one is the mud/sand flats. All you have to do is dig down a few inches to get all the clams you want. When the tide is running out, but still covered by a few feet of water, you can wade here and scoop up dungeness crab too....you know, the slow pokes
We (our home owners association) owns all of this tide land, so its off limits to the public, and only available to us who live here, which makes it pretty darn nice.

This next one is of two ships passing in the channel. One almost to port (Seattle, Tacoma, or Olympia) and the other one headed to the open seas.

Really have a lot of bulbs sprouting up now, some with blooms, and blossoms on the trees. Suppose to be sunny..uh, for the most part, today....can't wait to try and get some of the pretties on film to share :-)

Oh....BTW, I ordered a 2X lens and a wide angle w/macro for the camera. I hesitated thinking I would eventually move upward to a DSLR, and this would prove to be a bad expenditure.....

Now I can't vouch for the lens yet, but I don't think I'll ever out grow, or dare say, advance, to a point where I won't enjoy using this camera. Only thing I couldn't find yet, was a hood for those sunny days that will give you those purple reflections. I did get a polarizing filter, but I've heard those hoods really help too.

I will be sure to post some examples of with, and with-out, the attachments, so anybody else can decide for themselves what they think, or might need.

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:42 PM   #510

Bynx-

Thank you for the nice news about you enjoying your photography more now, thanks to geting the S-700. Having fun with your camera is what its all about.

Thanks well for your great photos over the lest9 months.

Eddie-

Thanks to you as well for some really excellent S-700 photos.

Sarah Joyce