Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:34 AM   #631

Judging by the grass, I'd say that buck is laying down.

Still working on today's batch of photos ... I think I'm gonna need another day. :blah:

This was something that just caught my eye in a funny way. Am I the only one that sees a sort of squooshed owl head (or maybe ET) in this tree?

DigitaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:29 PM   #632

Just got a phone call a few minutes ago from someone at City Hall here. They saw one of my pics from yesterday's photo shoot on my radio station website (being webmaster means I can post anything I want up there. :-))and want to use it on the cover of the City's 2008 Budget! So naturally I said sure. Thought that was pretty cool.

Here's the pic they're going to use.

Nice way to kick off my Monday afternoon.

Chris.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 3:05 PM   #633

I hope they are going to compensate you for the use of your photo. In a publication its a nice gesture from their part. A number of my pictures were used last nite and today on a news story about the Church across the street from where I live. Global tv put them on the news. No longer a church it was bought by the town. The ownership of the stained glass windows is in dispute. I was in the building last week and shot the interior all HDR. Im going back tomorrow to redo a couple of the windows which are hidden somewhat. Here is an example of one of the windows.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:00 PM   #634

Nah, I didn't gouge them for money. In fairness, the one I put on the website falls under our site's photo policy, which is free to use with permission.

That stained glass is gorgeous. Are you just using auto bracketing for the HDR images, or are you manually changing the exposure settings? It's something I'm looking forward to playing with in the future ... but I'm still trying to get a solid gauge on what the image on the camera LCD translates to when I put it on a monitor.

I find I'm still over-exposing more often than under exposing. But it's getting better every time!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:07 PM   #635

I only shoot in M mode. I know how much depth of field I need and go from there. Using a tripod whenever possible its just a matter of playing with the shutter speed and, if I have to, the ISO.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:02 PM   #636

I was feeling daring tonight and tried shooting the moon just at twilight ... hand held. I was surprised with just the 10x zoom, how much detail you can still pick up from the moon's surface.

Old Apr 18, 2008, 3:26 PM   #637

Up, and away!

This picture was taken the same second that a firework went off (being my intention) you can see how they go up.
Attached Images

Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:50 AM   #638

Very cool shot!! Did you use manual settings, or the automatic fireworks one?
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:14 AM   #639
BGL

Some photos as of late

BGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:11 PM   #640

Manual, not sure what the stats were though.
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote