Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 5, 2008, 7:11 AM   #671

Here is a picture that I took last night. I am really happy with how it turned out.
seisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 10:08 AM   #672

The Kentucky Derby ended Saturday and everyone headed home Monday. Including this guy

gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 1:37 AM   #673

This photo was taken in the woods today. I took along an old black t-shirt for a backdrop. It actually came in handy. I draped it over my tripod and hand held the camera.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 1:45 AM   #674

In the whole woods I saw two flowers. This is the second. There was only fields and fields of fiddleheads.
Attached Images

Old May 11, 2008, 1:39 PM   #675

What a cam,simply stunned by it's price n performance comparison.Keep posting pics.i will post too.

Anyways which of these should one prefer s700,s8000fd,s1000fd for a novice man with least manual controls
raptorhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2008, 3:49 PM   #676

Since I have an S700 thats the one Id recommend. Someone with an S8000fd would suggest that and someone with an S1000fd would suggest something else again.
Old May 11, 2008, 9:36 PM   #677

Now, I haven't USED the f1000sd (the replacement for the s700 we love), but just checking it out in the store, it seems to have fewer features to me.

Yes, it's 12x instead of 10x optical, yes, it has an in-camera panorama feature.

Outside of that, it LOSES the ability to use that big long zoom during movie recording (came in handy yesterday at my daughter's first soccer game) and I don't recall seeing settings like the Natural Light/Flash combo, and the finish on it looked and felt like it had been splashed by something sticky that won't clean off.

For the extra bucks, I'd rather be "stuck" at 10x optical and use software to stitch together panoramas. Of course, the 10 megapixels vs 7 would be nice too, but no complaints here.

The s700 is extremely versatile, takes amazing pics at ISO400 and lower, and if you want a multi-purpose camera that can handle good quality video WITH zoom, it's hard to beat.

About the only things that DON'T impress me with the s700 are the poor performance at ISO800 and 1600 (I've never had one of those shots come out as anything I'd consider usable), long refresh period if you use the flash (which I do quite rarely), and purple fringing can be bad in high contrast/bright light scenarios. But high ISO noise is common in extreme light/contrast situations. The long refresh from flash is something more specific to this camera.

But all said and done, until the day I decide to go full blown dSLR ... I'll be hard pressed to find a better little camera.

My brother actually just bought the s1000fd last month. He also owns the s700. Sold off a Canon Rebel dSLR and replaced it with the s1000fd, he's so impressed with the s700/Fuji's in general.
DigitaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 7:32 PM   #678

Bynx, great photos, very pretty flowers.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 7:49 PM   #679

Glad you like them flutelady. Here is a nice trillium you might also like.
Attached Images

Old May 14, 2008, 7:57 PM   #680

Bynx, Awesome, that is a very beautiful Trillium photo.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote