Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 30, 2008, 6:24 PM   #701

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shots flutelady. Im glad to see you posting pics instead of just comments. Although your comments are always appreciated.

Eddie I keep forgetting to comment about your Iris. Something very unusual going on with the colors and texture of the photo. But I like it. What did you do in Post Production?
Sorry Bynx....I just saw this :O

I used a ton of saturation, then removed a bunch of JPEG artifacts via a filter scan on PS.
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 6:38 PM   #702

A few randoms taken from this past week..... :|

And this one too....taken through a window at a store front display in Seattle. Man....one of those blades is cutting a little too close to the bone...if you ask me :shock:

Old May 31, 2008, 9:10 PM   #703

This is the ugliest bird alive. The common Starling, brought to North America by Europeans, is now a scourge in neighborhoods.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:41 PM   #704

Does anyone know why I'm getting a blue glow around the edges of white areas?? Like on the wing and tail of this duck??

Its particularly troublesome when shooting through leaves/trees.

Is there any way to get rid of it?
halcyonhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2008, 12:18 AM   #705

Its called Purple Fringing. For an explanation on what it is and how to avoid it as much as possible just google Purple Fringing. To get rid of it on the pics you have try this site http://www.great-landscape-photograp...-fringing.html This is how I get rid of any purple fringing on my pics.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:56 AM   #706

Okay have a serious SERIOUS problem.

I had my camera and it was working fine for being outside taking pictures, in a rain storm....getting some good shots, and it worked fine, then I came inside and turned off the camera. I dried it off, and went to turn it on, and i have nothing. I checked the batteries, I get a green light, and like no display. Nothing I cant do nothing, I cant even load pictures to my comptuer.

HELP!!
lauralei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 8:34 AM   #707

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
This is a series of shots of dripping water. It has not been altered at all just assembled in order. The S700 is an amazing camera keeping me satisfied.

Wow! how did you get it to shoot so quickly?

PS, still cant get my camera to turn on.

I get a green light so the batteries work, its just I cant do nothing, I see a black screen, no buttons work, any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:36 PM   #708

Did you add any memory to it? If yes, most likely you have a corrupted frame. Take it out.....reboot/reformat your camera. Using the "in camera" memory (13 frames of so) see if it now works and uploads. If yes, you have to either get a new disc, or clear/eraseit on your computer. I had it happen to me before. If you turn your mode selector too soon after taking a picture, it can do this.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:01 PM   #709

Thanks Eddie, thats good info to know. It hasnt happened to me ..... YET.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:09 AM   #710

Ive still managed to have no luck. I couldnt even get it to turn on to erase it on the computer.

I caved and sent it back to the company after talking on the phone with them and finding out what I can do. Thankfully I still have the warranty on it, so they are going to take a look at it and they said most likely they would just send me out a new camera.

But I will keep what you said in mind if heaven forbid this happens again!. Im in camera withdrawl. I already miss it!