Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:45 PM   #721

Geez, I just can't get enuff of these day lilies. I sure don't remember them from years past, but maybe I did plant them and forgot, as it took 3 or 4 years for them to grow....I dunno :shock:

What do you think of these?

Inside those same flowers.......

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:11 AM   #722

Very nice Eddie. If you havent noticed already, Im kinda partial to a black background.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 8:21 PM   #723

My darling boyfriend snagged one of these with some hotel points he'd racked up through business. At first I was a lil' skeptical of what I could expect from a $150 camera, but after coming across this forum, I started to get excited.

Well I just got it out of the box and took some shots of the kids (pets) indoors, and WOW! Supermacro is pretty intense! Check out this photo of my cat Billie Jean.

I have yet to get an SD card, but with a trip coming up to Europe, you can bet it's on my list. I'm excited to see what I can do with it outdoors!
glamosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:49 AM   #724

Here are some from last night's Canada Day fireworks. Used the Fireworks program mode, and found best results by also using the 2 second timer to reduce initial shake. It's quite hard to hold everything still by hand when running a 2-3 second shutter!! Results impressed me though.

It is a truly versatile little camera. I love mine. It will fill the void until I can shell out the cash for a dSLR with all the accessory goodies.
DigitaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:38 AM   #725

Great shots Digit. I missed the fireworks last nite, and not from the lack of trying. Oh well, next year. Meanwhile I will just look at yours. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 12:24 PM   #726

Thanks Bynx! Some of my shots got bounced by an excited 4 year old in the back seat. LOL She did her best to contain her excitement for me to get the shots.

The other option was to stand out in the hungry swarm of mosquitoes and try to get the shots ... the odd bounce was a small price to pay.
DigitaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:39 PM   #727

eddie haskell wrote:
Quote:
Geez, I just can't get enuff of these day lilies. I sure don't remember them from years past, but maybe I did plant them and forgot, as it took 3 or 4 years for them to grow....I dunno¬* :shock:

What do you think of these?
Beautiful photos.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:41 PM   #728

glamosaurus wrote:
Quote:
My darling boyfriend snagged one of these with some hotel points he'd racked up through business.¬* At first I was a lil' skeptical of what I could expect from a $150 camera, but after coming across this forum, I started to get excited.

Well I just got it out of the box and took some shots of the kids (pets) indoors, and WOW!¬* Supermacro is pretty intense!¬* Check out this photo of my cat Billie Jean.

I have yet to get an SD card, but with a trip coming up to Europe, you can bet it's on my list.¬* I'm excited to see what I can do with it outdoors!

Very nice photo.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:43 PM   #729

DigitaLink wrote:
Quote:
Here are some from last night's Canada Day fireworks.¬* Used the Fireworks program mode, and found best results by also using the 2 second timer to reduce initial shake.¬* It's quite hard to hold everything still by hand when running a 2-3 second shutter!!¬* Results impressed me though.

It is a truly versatile little camera.¬* I love mine.¬* It will fill the void until I can shell out the cash for a dSLR with all the accessory goodies.

Great photos, beautiful.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:44 PM   #730

Here are a couple shots from Canada Day. They have nothing to do with it but were just taken on that day.
Attached Images