Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:22 PM   #801

Pretty cool shot Bynx

Got a couple still lifes. I don't fancy to this stuff, much rather be outside, but what the heck....gotta push my education, eh

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 9:15 PM   #802

Very nice Eddie. Nice warm colors. I like the compositions and everything else about these shots. Now Im inspired to shoot some of the same. Thanks.
By the way I like shooting indoors where I have complete control over every aspect of the photo.
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 5:33 PM   #803

Beautiful shots Eddie! They have a rich quality like a fine oil painting. Beautiful.

I'm trying to decide right now if I'm going to keep my S700 or not. I'm finally getting an SLR (Canon Rebel XT/350D) this weekend. My wife never really warmed up to the Fuji. Finds it to be more camera than she wants for the things she does.

So now I find myself debating keeping it as a good backup/video camera (because for digital video, it shoots really nice quality and the zoom rocks) or selling it to get my wife a simple little point and shooter to replace the old Sony DSC-W5 with a busted LCD. (Up note was we got it for free and it has an optical viewfinder ... still takes nice pictures, just can't change any menu options.)

I don't think the S700 is currently selling for enough to make it worthwhile. There are boatloads of them on eBay, new in the box, going for a song and a dance. Things to think about this weekend while waiting for the gobbler to thaw.
DigitaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:15 PM   #804

Eddie, beautiful photos.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:46 AM   #805

This is a shot of my computer screen. A metal toy streetcar was suspended in front with fishing line, positioned carefully to give the appearance it was actually part of the picture. The only photoshop done was the headlight and beam, and the removal of the visible fishing lines.
Attached Images

Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:47 AM   #806

This is a shot of the setup.
Attached Images

Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:28 PM   #807

Hello all,

I am new here and I just bought the Fuji S700. I have some photo experience but I am somewhat new to changing the settings. I have always been very creative with cheapo point and shoots to get great shots. If there is anyone on here that knows and good settings modifications. What are some good settings for indoor shots without using a flash? I have seen some great posted pictures on here. How did you achieve these results?
Designguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:53 PM   #808

You wont be disappointed with the S700. Since there is no costly film processing you can take as many pics you want for absolutely free. I suggest you shoot and shoot and shoot while paying attention to the settings. Dont use the auto features, but shoot strictly manual so you know and understand what is going on. There is no best settings for any given situation. Just start with f5.3 and shutter at 1/125 second. If its dark either open the fstop more or decrease your shutter speed. You will be able to tell at a glance what is going on. You gotta love this digital age. Good luck and post your resuts.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:50 PM   #809

Well, here I go reviving an almost dead thread. Anyway, I've had my S700 for over 2 years now, and I love it, and I'm glad to have found a nice discussion on it. Anyway, I see most of you are posting some very nice pictures, and so, I'll be throwing some cars into the mix.

Volvo at the beach-house

Bugatti Veyron at a local car show.

Bob Bondurant and Rusty Bondurant next to the car. It was too early, and there were some trees so alot of my shots were dark.

A Ford GT

A red DeLorean

And, sitting in a $1.5M car..
macminter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:13 PM   #810

Im glad you picked up the thread again Macminter. Nice shots of those cars. I wish I could see more of the Bugatti. But I like what I see so far.
Here is a shot of a lightbulb I soldered a couple wires to it so it can stand alone.
Attached Images