Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 20, 2007, 1:52 PM   #81

Cyber I liked all your pics. The clouds in the first shot made the pic. But the colors in that third pic really appealed to me. First rate job in my opinion. Keep up the good work.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 2:53 PM   #82

Great work, Cyber

I especially liked the last photo. Well done!

Well my photo for the day is not a Fuji S-700/S-5700 photo, and it explores two areas that we really have not touched upon thus far: sunsets and photo editing. The photo was taken with an Olympus FE-210 by one of my students who gave me permission to use the photo in my teaching. She took the photo using minus exposure compensation to emphasize the sunset colors, just as I teach.

That naturally put the person in the photo into the shadows. So we have a very good sunset, but we wantedto make her husband more visible. So that lead to a discussion of how to use layers in photo editing, and the photo posted is the final result. We got so we called this photo the "the wind in your hair sunset."

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:30 PM   #83

Gee Sarah, are you saying the exposure correction for her husband was done through photoshop and the photo was actually underexposed for the sunset? There is a very nice color balance. I like the skin tones as well as the background colors. Good bit of work there.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 5:46 PM   #84

Bynx-

The main thing is that I don't want our fellow posters here to think that gee, that is a great photo, butI could never do something like that!

What was done with this photo was not rocket science. The shot was taken normally of the sunset, using -1.0 exposure compensation to get the sunset colors correctly, and to not let the sunset tooverwhelm the photo with its brightness. With that done and pleased with the results, we then selected the man in the photo and using Photoshop Elements 5.0, we just brought him out of the shadows. It worked because we first selected the man, and the changes that we made only affected the man, not any other psrt of the photo.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 20, 2007, 6:15 PM   #85

Well its a good job. I thought you simply used fill flash for his exposure and exposed normally for the sunset.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:21 PM   #86

Bynx-

Yes, you are exactly correct, Bynx. It could have been done with fill flash. But please remember, I did not take this photo, one of my students did. So I decided to turn it into a learning exercise. And to tell the truth, it worked out quite well.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:35 PM   #87

Time to pick this up again so I took this just now.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:40 AM   #88

Bynx nice bird

Let me show whatI did today this little camera everyday just amaze me more hehe

Aperture: 13.6
Shutter Speed: 1/15.0
Focal Lenght: 63.30
ISO: 100
WB: Auto
Camera Model: FinePix S5700 S700

Aperture: 13.6
Shutter Speed: 1/6.0
WB: Auto

Aperture: 3.5
Shutter Speed: 1/60
WB: Incandescent

cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:03 AM   #89

Nice exposure differences. Each brings out the detail and color differently. I like the coolness of the last shot especially. The glow does it for me. Pretty good little camera. I love mine.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:54 PM   #90

Good Morning!

As you can see from the photo below, it is very foggy here today. So my subject matter is limited.

I was clear that the onlypossible shotswould be macro shots. So back to the fuscia blossoms I went. They are still in excellent shape. So here is today's photo. And yes it is a different photo, taken just 10 minutes ago.

Sarah Joyce