Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:20 PM   #11

1. Never used it

2. The only blur problem I have ever had is with motion blur while shooting action shots at night. In fact, I added a Sonly 1.7X telephoto to the end of the lens. Blurring was never a problem as long as a monopod or tripod was used.

3. No. Image stabilization has not been a problem. I recently bought a DSLR with image stabilization, and it is nice for long lens handheld shots, butmotion blur is moredue to the weight of the camera and lens combo with the DSLR. The s6000fd does just fine handheld.

4. There will always be new features.

The s6000fd is a wonderful camera.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:49 PM   #12

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
1. Never used it

2. The only blur problem I have ever had is with motion blur while shooting action shots at night. In fact, I added a Sonly 1.7X telephoto to the end of the lens. Blurring was never a problem as long as a monopod or tripod was used.

3. No. Image stabilization has not been a problem. I recently bought a DSLR with image stabilization, and it is nice for long lens handheld shots, butmotion blur is moredue to the weight of the camera and lens combo with the DSLR. The s6000fd does just fine handheld.

4. There will always be new features.

The s6000fd is a wonderful camera.
Trojansoc,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding item-2, I want a long zoom camera for handheld long zoom shots while on vacation trips but I'mnot into photography enough to carry a tripod or monopod around.I'm also not the type that is willing to carry an additional lens to get28mm wide angle and 300mm zooms like many of the dslrs require.

The Fuji S6000fd is the camera that ticks all of the requirements on my dream camera checklist except for the lack of real image stabilization. I'll see if Fuji comes out with a real IS version before Christmas but if not, I will probably have to look at another brand that has a long zoom and IS since my hands are not that steady at long zoom ranges. After reflecting long and hard, I think clearer photos at long zooms handheld will be more of my photo shooting than low light situations which the Fuji cameras excell at.

Thanks, Skylark
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:02 PM   #13

skylark wrote:
Quote:
I agree - an impressive shot, Soundman.
Quote:
Thank You for the kind words!
Quote:
Soundman, could you share what percentage of your 300mm zooms atthat graduationwere as sharp?
Sorry it took me so long to get back, but I haven't been on this site for a while. Don't know if you're still interested, but I looked through the pics and I would say about 75% are keepers. I didn't use the digital zoom in all, but I used full optical zoom in most (security would not let anyone stand in the lower level, so I was pretty far away). It's really important to find something to lean against for handheld long shots. Let me know if you buy one.

I came from shooting 35mm and 2 1/4 format and I like this cam in spite of it's shortcomings. My thoughts were as stated above by others. The camera is relatively inexpensive, so I've shot a few thousand pictures that would have been impossible without it. I also have an f20 that's a blast. If something great comes along, I'll buy it. But until then, I'm having fun with what I have.

Good Luck!

Mark
Soundman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:06 AM   #14

Fuji just announced the new S8000fd, but will it be better than the S6000fd. http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu...7_s8000fd.html
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:37 AM   #15

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Fuji just announced the new S8000fd, but will it be better than the S6000fd. http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu...7_s8000fd.html
Probably not. It doesn't appear to be an upgrade to the 6000. I think that will come later. It has some cool features, but less of others.

Mark
Soundman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:22 PM   #16

hercules wrote:
Quote:
That's a milestone camera for Fuji. Isn't it the "first" Fuji camera with "real" (sensor shift) image stabilization rather than just boosting the ISO?

Wonder if it is the S6000fd replacement or as Mark said, probably not?

Skylark
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:47 AM   #17

1.) I have used the natural light/flash setting a number of times. Most times I know it is a little too dark for the natural light setting, but take it this way in hopes of getting a nice natural shot. (Happened once out of a "bunch" of pictures.)

2.) Very few.

3.) No

4.) Learning to support your camera and hold steady is fast becoming a lost ability. I came from an SLR that I shot off-hand for years, this has helped me with the f6000 quite a bit. Practice and patience.
ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote