Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:20 PM   #11

Well it seems the LCD problem occurs in low light situations. After trying it in the daytime (never got a chance yesterday) it is very clear. Maybe it's to do with the automatic brightness adjustment. I will try a video in natural light later and see how it goes.
janger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:29 PM   #12

Janger did you check and see what your firmware version is? Turn the camera on holding the DISP/BACK button.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:09 PM   #13

Yes, it's ver 1.0

The Fujifilm website does say the new firmware "...updates the operability". I would really like to know what the changes are so I've emailed them in the hope of finding out. Will post the info here if they tell me.

I also wonder if the new batch of cameras the store is getting in already have the updated firmware. Also companies will often "tweak" various parts of hardware etc when doing another batch, just to iron out small problems or increase quality of parts. I had this happen with my Ricoh G4. Sent it away due to dead pixels, and they returned it with newer firmware which they weren't releasing to the public. It had changes to white balance and all sorts of stuff. Totally different (better) camera in the end :-)
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:31 PM   #14

Ok, the Canadian site has more information on actual changes: http://www.fujifilm.ca/x14896.xml
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:03 PM   #15

Well, I'm glad to hear someone else has this issue.

My screen looks noisy as well, and I returned it to my dealer who got on the phone with the rep.

Its perfectly harmless. Some noise is normal on the LCD. As long as its not monochromatic, your lcd is fine, and operating within normal expectations.
However, if your noise is black, gray and white, there may be an issue with the connection. You can lower the ammount of noise you see by lowering the frame rate to 30FPS.

EDIT:
I spoke too soon. Out shooting today, that noise started to turn into purple lines. I figure, oh it must just be glare. No such luck
They didnt show up on the pics, and its just the 4 lines. Lens cap on and off, they are there. I dropped it off at my dealer to see what they say.
tsblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 1:28 AM   #16

Yes, it's the same on the camera I have too, and, I must say, it IS pretty bad!, maybe it's something that can be fixed with firmware, though, I doubt it. haha

and for dog smoke, if he EVER see's this again, haha, you can check out http://www.fujifilm.ca/x14896.xml and download that update.. though, since June 15th, I sure hope you've got it! :-)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Happy Snapping! :|
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote