Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 14, 2007, 9:43 AM   #1

I've had a Finepix F20 since the week before Christmas and bought it mainly for taking front rowpictures at gigs, but occasionly use it for general snapping too. Yesterday one of my shots came out like this (see photo). Has anyone else experienced this with a Fuji camera? Does anyone know what went wrong here?
Attached Images

mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:37 AM   #2

Anyone???
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:47 AM   #3

hmmm...strange.
It looks like a big blotched finger print over the lense, although i doubt that is actually the problem. What can i say? technology is not fool-proof. If the problem persists do contact your local FujiFilm vendor. Good luck.
jmp1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:04 PM   #4

I wonder if maybe it is lens flare. There are those little red spots that make me think that. And (perhaps) this screwed up the focus and other things. I was shooting into the sun once, and it caused havoc with my LCD on my 5100. But I didn't see it in the pictures. I don't know if this is the problem here, just a thought.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:26 AM   #5

I took a picture immediately after the 'weird' one (see attached)and it and every one since has been fine.

Thank you both for your input. I know it wasn't lens flare as it was one of those heavily overcast days when the sun never came through at all. My son suggested it might be a fault on the memory card, but it's been filled to capacity several times and then formatted, and I've never been aware of a image with an interference pattern over it before.

Thanks again

Kat

Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6

Since we're dealing with electronics and computerization here, this must have been just one of those things that happens. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts being consistent.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:38 AM   #7

jphess wrote:
Quote:
Since we're dealing with electronics and computerization here, this must have been just one of those things that happens. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts being consistent.
I'm sure you're right and it was simply a 'glitch in the matrix' or something. It's just that out of the six digital cameras owned by various members of our household this is the only time such a thing has happened. I guess we've just been very lucky to have had no problemsat all in the past.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:58 PM   #8

I am just wondering...both exposures show some under exposure. Were was the ISO when the photo was taken, or better yet, what was the lighting like in the photo environment?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 6:32 PM   #9

Yes I have noticed this effect with the fuji V10 I have

I think it is RFI(radio interference) it causes moire effects and

horizontal lines on mine from time to time...maybe something that fuji

need to look at in their circuit design and make it less prone to RFI :idea:

musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote