Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:05 PM   #1

Well i'm too far from an experienced photographer, i want to lern so i bought the S700 and i guess this camera is doing very good. Please take a look of this 12 pics.All the pics were Auto (400) and the dial was "P"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Thank you and please tell me what do you think. bad or good i really appreciate the comments since i want to learn.

Cheers.

cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:44 AM   #2

That seems to be a very capable little camera, and you have taken some very nice images with it. Fuji colors to me seem to be quite natural. My only suggestion to you is to get out and take a lot of pictures. Try the different modes and don't be afraid to experiment. If a picture doesn't work, it's no big deal. Anyway, welcome to the world of digital photography.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 4:25 PM   #3

Yes just what jphess said..
zoomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:45 PM   #4

Very Nice pics indeed, just one question for you... Did you use any photo editing with your photos?
RichRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 1:31 PM   #5

Great pictures. I also have a new S700/S5700.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 1:44 PM   #6

Thank you for the comments, Well the only thingI do is resize the images with photoshop. By this date i have added more pictures. None post processing just add the border on the new ones.

Old Jul 31, 2007, 2:46 PM   #7

You might want to try a few pictures with a -1/3 or -2/3 EV compensation. To me they look just slightly overexposed. I find that I get better results with my 9000 with as much as -1 EV compensation. It depends a lot on your shooting style, but I think you would be happy with the results.

Old Jul 31, 2007, 3:20 PM   #8

Just to illustrate my suggestion, I downloaded one of your images and adjusted the exposure and sharpened it a little bit. Of course, doing the EV compensation isn't going to necessarily make your images sharper, but the image would have more depth. I think this picture illustrates what I mean. I hope you don't mind my suggestions and my playing with your image.
Attached Images

Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:49 AM   #9

Cool,I will play with the EV to see what couldI do. Also playing withsome Macro ShotsIend with this what do you think ?

Old Aug 1, 2007, 9:53 AM   #10

Those are both pretty good macro images. I still think the first one is a little overexposed. The second one, I think the area that is in sharp focus and have more dominance in the image. But those are only my opinions. You and others might very well disagree.