Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 8, 2007, 8:55 AM   #1

When I am shooting macro and super macro shots of yellow and red flowers only, they take on an overpowering luminescent quality which I cannot seem to eliminate. All other colours are fine. These colours are also fine when not in macro and super macro mode. I also had this problem with a Fuji F11 and 602 pro -zoom - all very strange as they had three different processors. canyou advise any in-camera solutions, as I have yet to find a solution in Photoshop.

help.....

Mike from UK
beltandbraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:57 AM   #2

I had the same problem with a S9100/9600 when shooting in bright sunlight. My solution was to use a ND filter or wait for an overcast day [quite difficult because I live in Spain]!!
kaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:59 AM   #3

Very strange

In photoshop try going to "hue and saturation" Then select the offending color in the drop down list and move the saturation slider to the left. Do this for each color that is a problem
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:24 AM   #4

thanks...will try that again........Mike...
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:26 AM   #5

hey...had not thought of using a ND filter for that...did it work perchance?...as I perefer backlit sunlight for flower detail etc...hope Spain is Fab.....we are over in Marbella in 10 days or so for a short while.....will try it in the spanish sunlight methinks.........

take care

Mike
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:49 AM   #6

Fuji's default saturation settings seem to be a bit higher than most. Changing my S9100's saturation setting to 'low' in the Menu (page 2)helped solvethis problem, the same would likely be true for the s6500fd.You should also make sure the 'Chrome' setting is disabled, especially when your subject's colors are bright to begin with, otherwise they'll have exactly the quality you describe.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:44 PM   #7

Thanks...not sure how to lower the saturation...will read the manual

take care

Mike from Uk....
Old Jul 14, 2007, 4:33 AM   #8

Hi again,

unlike the 9100, upon further explorartion it seens thaty the S6500fd does not have a saturation setting in the menu.

I have submitted some comparative images to Fuji Uk and they have come back and said that they are OK and the camera is performing to specification.

Ah well...back to the photoshop mnaual it seems...although asap I came going to do some different white blalace tests on a set subject and see what happens...will keep you posted..... when I get araound to it

take care

Mike from UK
Old Jul 14, 2007, 4:35 AM   #9

unlike the 9100, upon further explorartion it seens that the S6500fd does not have a saturation setting in the menu.

I have submitted some comparative images to Fuji Uk and they have come back and said that they are OK and the camera is performing to specification.

Ah well...back to the photoshop manual it seems...although asap I came going to do some different white blalace tests on a set subject and see what happens...will keep you posted..... when I get around to it

take care

Mike from UK
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:25 AM   #10

Have you checked the 'FinePix Color' setting (f-button)? The 'Chrome' setting is the same as 'vivid'; see if this setting is enabled. If it is, that's the source of your trouble.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote