Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:01 PM   #1

Hi. Just bought an S9600 (same as S9100) -- fairly happy with it so far. But the set of Energizer alkaline AAs that came with it were drained after just 70 shots, which was worrying. (Not sure if the quality setting has any effect on battery life, but these first shots were all 2.2 MB.)

Roughly how many shots should I be able to get with one of these cameras out of a set of good-quality alkalines, and how many from a set of good rechargeables?

Will be glad of any input from 9100/9600 owners.

Dedge
dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:06 PM   #2

If you are going to continue to use alkaline batteries, you can expect about what you have experienced. I have had good performance from the lithium disposables, but they are quite expensive.

Your best bet is to get two or three sets of NiMh rechargeable batteries. You should expect to get close to 400 pictures from each charge. I bought four sets of them at Sam's Club, and they have held up very well. The one thing you DON'T want to try to use is alkaline batteries. They simply will not hold up.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:30 AM   #3

I've found that aset of2500mAh NIMH batteries is good for about 250-400 shots, depending onLCD usage and other factors. For example, using Continuous Focus or setting the EVF refreshrate to 60fps will drastically decrease battery life. Alkaline batteries won't even come close and should only be used as a last resort.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 4:15 AM   #4

Many thanks to jphess and toshi43 for the good advice. I had no idea there was so much difference in the amount of "work" these two kinds of batteries can do.

Time to order a charger and some Ni-MH AAs!

Dedge
dedge is offline   Reply With Quote