Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:00 AM   #11

Recharging the battery - I want to ammend something I posted earlier. It would appear based on Fuji's online brochure that the F50 will come with a separate battery charger, the BC-50 as seen in this link from Japan - Malinda wrote:
Quote:

... from test driving my friends Fuji F30 and 31, I wish I didn't have to tie up the camera to charge the battery. I like the separate charger that comes with the Canon and Nikon cameras. Really don't want to buy a separate Fuji charger.

Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2007, 11:03 AM   #12

Malinda wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realize the link won't show up. Replace the xx in hxxp with tt
Quote:
hxxp://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/103846-6765-6-2.html
Quote:
Recharging the battery - I want to ammend something I posted earlier. It would appear based on Fuji's online brochure that the F50 will come with a separate battery charger, the BC-50 as seen in this link from Japan -
Quote:

Old Sep 1, 2007, 3:46 AM   #14

Apples to oranges, just a observation/light comparison.
I use to have a Nikon 5700 (5MP with a 2/3 sensor). Now I have a Fuji F40fd (8MP and 1/1.6 sensor). The F40fd is 3 more MP and 1 size down in sensor size from the Nikon 5700. Dare I say comparing/looking at the photos from the Fuji looks atleast as good, if not slightly better than the Nikon. Low light is definately better on the Fuji. All I'm lacking is RAW, 8x zoom and full manual control but for the size, this Fuji is one of the best out there. I'm more than happy with the results
metalfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:48 PM   #15

Thanks Fred! I've been checking out the links. In many instances it would seem that the F31will be sharper but then there is the pic from Japan of the street at ISO1600,1/42,F2.8 -- I prefer the whiter light to the yellowish cast on the F31.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 12:37 AM   #16

Hi Metalfab,

the F40 is tempting. Knowing myself I will go with the next generation unless there is such a markedreduction in clarity of the F50 that I can't justify the step down. But assuming the detail is acceptable, I also choose a camera for other options that add to my photo taking experience.

Improvements to the F50:

1) red eye corrected either as the shot is taken or in playback
2) dual image stabilization
3) improved face detection
4) bigger 2.7" LCD with the micro thumbnail view of up to 100 pics at one time
5) slightly smallerwidth: 3.6" compared to 3.8"
6) 6400 ISO (@ 3MP). F40 max is ISO 2000
7) I like the new Portrait Enhancer Mode ... nice option to smooth out wrinkle lines. Not for me mind you but my silver haired mother would enjoy it!

Malinda
metalfab wrote:
Quote:
Apples to oranges, just a observation/light comparison.
I use to have a Nikon 5700 (5MP with a 2/3 sensor). Now I have a Fuji F40fd (8MP and 1/1.6 sensor). The F40fd is 3 more MP and 1 size down in sensor size from the Nikon 5700. Dare I say comparing/looking at the photos from the Fuji looks atleast as good, if not slightly better than the Nikon. Low light is definately better on the Fuji. All I'm lacking is RAW, 8x zoom and full manual control but for the size, this Fuji is one of the best out there. I'm more than happy with the results
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:03 PM   #17

Sample photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tabhastal/sets/72157602050478441/"
tabhastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:39 PM   #18

Thank you very much! I've been eagerly awaiting sample pics. I especially liked viewing the porch pics, which really shows the difference between 100 ISO and 6400ISO at night. Wow! My little Nikon S10 could never pull that off. Yes, there is noise but depending on how I use pics at high ISO that can be acceptable.

Now if only there were some Fuji S8000 sample pics out there! :-)

Thanks again!

tabhastal wrote:
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:10 PM   #19

musket wrote:
Quote:
It's always interesing to see what fuji can come up with

best to wait for the reviews before making any purchases :-)

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...tal-cameras/p1

........................:|.............musket

oh why oh why couldn't they put the F480's 4x zoom 28-112mm lens on the F50fd *sigh*

i really wanted a 28mm compact camera.. probably the main reason why i held out on getting the F31fd.. but i can't look away from Fuji's awesome low-light capabilities, my main concern
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:16 PM   #20

Malinda wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fred! I've been checking out the links. In many instances it would seem that the F31will be sharper but then there is the pic from Japan of the street at ISO1600,1/42,F2.8 -- I prefer the whiter light to the yellowish cast on the F31.

couldn't that be corrected via white balance? or where those comparison shots set to auto white balance?
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote