Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:24 PM   #1

If you have a Fuji Digital camera and it is still under a year and you can supply a vaild sales slip, you can still by a 2yr extended warranty from Fuji direct.

I bought an s700, but did not buy the EXPENSIVE extended warranty that the dealer wanted to sell. The warranty they wanted to sell was not even their own. It was with some company I never heard of. After about 2 months, I spoke with a guy that works for Best Buy and he told me that Fuji has their own 2yr warranty and it is with FUJI, not some company I never heard of. So I took a chance and called Fuji Film at 1800-800-fuji. After speaking to a few people, I was transfered to the Camera Repair Dept. I thought this was odd since I did not need my camera repaired. I spoke to a lovely lady and she did inform me that Yes, they are selling the warranty out of the repair dept in Edison, NJ.

I had to supply them with a vaild datedsales slip,and theystress that they will not except hand written sales slip. An e-mail address so they could register it for me and the upc code on the side of my camera box. After I supplied it all, I paid $32 plus tax for a 2yr warranty. I just received my copy in the mail and now I am happy knowing my S700 will be covered for 3 yrs.

cpphotoman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:47 AM   #2

Yes, but I'm still not convinced that these extended warranties are worth it. It seems to me that Fuji only repairs problems that are known to be common to the model. As an example, while my S9000 was still covered by the one year warranty the USB port fell inside the camera. The repair on that one cost me $125 because Fuji said this was not a common problem for my model. Then, after my warranty expired, the command dial broke. If you have read much on this forum at all you know how common that problem is. Even though the warranty had expired, Fuji repaired the command dial and didn't charge me anything.

According to a consumer advocate that I listen to on the radio, extended warranties (generally speaking) are not worth the money. According to one person I listen to, last year half of all the profits for the entire chain of a well-known national electronics store were attributed to the income from extended warranties.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 7:33 PM   #3

Ic an't say much about the command dial but if the USB port just fell into the camera, I am sure this had help. USB ports do not just fall into a cameras on their own.

You can read all the stats you want, but if my LCD shoud just stop working after my 1yr is up, the extended warranty would be therer to cover it. What they do not tell you in these stats is that most people who buy an extended warranty do not use it or they forget it. The extended waranty bussiness is a gamble. They bet that people will forget it or loose the paperwork. This is how they make their money. If you sue it, it will work for you.
cpphotoman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:50 PM   #4

It was not my intention to make you feel defensive. I'm just saying that I don't believe, for me, an extended warranty is worth the extra money. The USB port had been used, of course. I have the USB cable release. But using that is no different from plugging in that USB cable to download images. And, yes, the USB port was just hanging loose one day when I went to use the camera. And you think something like that should not be covered by the warranty? Okay, you win. I'm glad you feel good about having your security blanket with your extended warranty. I still don't believe they are worth the extra money. But then, that's just my opinion.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote