Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:50 PM   #11

Highway:
I am well aware about the 'background being farther than the subject' thing. But that's not what I'm seeing. The area where the flash fell on looked underexposed.
No no~ i don't expect the flash to light up the whole room like daylight. I was just comparing the s50 and the 6500.
As for the colors produced by the 6500, I have absolutely no complains. Love the colors.
What is your LCD brightness setting?
I have not printed any of my photos yet. When I do, I will let you know how it turns out.

rinniethehun:
There isn't a need to be aggressive. I'm just bringing up certain stuff about the 6500 which I thought were problems. And if it really turns out that my handling of the camera is incorrect, I hope you guys could correct me. That's the reason why I brought this up. It was not my intention to insult the users of the 6500 or the camera itself
Yes, I am aware of the 6500's flash output being twice of the s50's. That is why I am quite puzzled as to why the 6500's flash appeared weaker.
I read the manual again. Okay, my bad.
There isn't an option to control the flash output of the 6500, only the EV.
But if I up the exposure compensation (which I did), wouldn't the picture get brighter?
There could be a problem with my notebook monitor. I'm not rulling that out.
Any ideas how I can calibrate it?

How do I post pictures on forums?
Last I did was to upload it on an image sharing website but I forgot what are the extensions needed to be added to the URL.
mark_lj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:04 PM   #12

Quote:
I am well aware about the 'background being farther than the subject' thing.
Ok, no insult intended, just trying to help...

Quote:
But that's not what I'm seeing. The area where the flash fell on looked underexposed.
Then I have no idea... if the area was in the range of the flash, which is pretty far, then it should look good. I've used the flash on mine, in P mode, in the house, when it was REALLY dark (like just a couple small lamps going) and everything looked perfect.

Quote:
No no~ i don't expect the flash to light up the whole room like daylight. I was just comparing the s50 and the 6500.
i didn't say you expected it, was just making a comment.

Quote:
What is your LCD brightness setting?
Ive never changed it from default.

Quote:
I have not printed any of my photos yet. When I do, I will let you know how it turns out.
I only asked that in reference to you saying the color was off or something. Was also wondering if it was the notebooks screen.
[/quote]
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:06 PM   #13

Aggressive? I don't think so. Defensive? Kinda. First of all, you hijack a thread...a thread that started with a question about a noisy camera, which was adequately answered by several forum members. Then, rather than start a new thread, you chose to jump on one which was essentially finished (no traffic for 2 weeks), and in that thread (which was your first ever on this forum), you started bashing Fuji cameras and, in particular the S6000. Don't even try to disagree...read again what you wrote...

"Somehow, I'm left dissatisfied."

"Am I like the only s6500fd user out there who feels that the s6500fd is inadequate?"

"I have a fujifilm P&S (a 2003 model), canon s50 and s3 is."

[segue into another Canon is better than fuji dissertation]

"Well, the camera's body is made of plastic which feels fragile."

"Fuji's flash output just isn't strong enough!"

"Canon's on the other hand, is excellent. I have the S1 IS and the S50. Both of these cameras have a menu to control the flash output. And man...when it fires at full output, it is really really bright."

[told you it was coming...my camera's better than your camera....]

"...I was mortified as s6500fd's flash was just as bad as my first Fuji camera!!!"

[all Fuji's suck]

"Then there's the issue about the LCD. Its inaccurate."

[now there's an LCD issue on Fuji cameras? Let me guess...your Canon's were not only much better, they were absolutely perfect]

"In my s50, whatever I see on the LCD is what I get after I press the shutter button. In the sense that the exposure is exactly as it is when I am composing the shot and after I've hit the shutter button. It's not the case with the s6500fd."

[You're right - the S6000 sucks...makes one wonder why you just didn't stay with your wonderful S50, now doesn't it?]

Keeping in mind that this is a Fuji forum, and most of the people who hang out here are probably at least a little partial to Fuji cameras, is it any wonder that some members might get a little perturbed when someone joins the forum just to bash their favorite camera? And yes, I said bash...you didn't come here asking for help...there were no question marks in any of your sentences, only exclamation marks...Fuji sucks!!!

Now, so you don't think I'm such a terrible person (a Hun nonetheless), not to mention an absolute moron for buying a Fuji camera, I'd still be willing to help you out...all you have to do is ask. Post a couple of pics...after you click on "reply", look down at the bottom of the "Post Reply" window...see where it says "Browse..."? Click on it, and locate the picture you want to upload to the site. You will have to resize it, if you haven't already (640 x 480 pixels is good). Use a program like Irfanview, which doesn't strip the EXIF data from your pic. Maybe one of us losers who owns a defective piece of crap Fuji camera can offer some suggestions for improving your pictures.

The Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote