Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 9, 2007, 5:41 PM   #1

Hi on my S700 afterI put the 2 or 10 second timer, the AF Lamp stays ON, and I have to turn off and on the camera tu turn off the lamp. Well this is normal ?
cybermaniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2007, 6:37 PM   #2

That problem seems to only happen when I use the 2 second delay. The red light comes on and stays on and puts a red cast on objects close up. No problem when I use the 10 second delay. It shuts off as I would expect it to and there is no red cast.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:54 PM   #3

Bynx wrote:
Quote:
That problem seems to only happen when I use the 2 second delay. The red light comes on and stays on and puts a red cast on objects close up. No problem when I use the 10 second delay. It shuts off as I would expect it to and there is no red cast.
True... I tried on 10 seconds and the light go OFF. I wonder if there will be a firmware upgrade to turn off the light when the 2seconds are selected. Is very annoying !!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:37 PM   #4

My camera doesn't seem to do this. I have upgraded the firmware as stated on the Fuji website:

http://fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/epar...cucatid=664260

I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it or not. As always, be careful to follow the instructions precisely.
If you prefer not to try the firmware upgrade, a workaround is to shut off the AF illuminator.

C0mdrData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:51 AM   #5

Cool I have upgraded the firmware with the one above. And now the 2second timer turn OFF the AF lamp
Old Sep 1, 2007, 8:46 PM   #6

i dont think it is normal... it should go off after pic. is taken.. but ask more owners about it . jimi
jimi_webster is offline   Reply With Quote