Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:56 AM   #1

There's something endearing to me about the Fuji cameras.There's one in my future. The question is which one?As I eagerly await the pro reviews of the pocketable F50, I am taking a second look at the new"not-pocketable-at-all" S8000.

My primary reasonfor wantinga Fuji are the low light capabilities. While its great tobe able to slip the smaller camera in my pocket, the reality isthe vast majority of my low light shooting is athome. Camera bulk would not be a factor.

I want the best low light capability within their point and shoot line.

Acknowledging that the two new models are not out yet, are there low light/hi ISOcomparisons that can be drawn from past models such as the F30/31 compared to the S6000?

Malinda
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:01 AM   #2

Malinda-

There are many folks who love their F-31's and the S-6000/S-6500 cameras and attest to their performance in low light. However, until we see the S-8000 and the F-50 in a real professional review, I sincerely feel that we are making pure guesses about their performance.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:48 PM   #3

Are there any websites withsample picsof the F31 and the S6000 at comparable megapixelsand ISO 800 or 1600?

Malinda

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Malinda-

There are many folks who love their F-31's and the S-6000/S-6500 cameras and attest to their performance in low light. However, until we see the S-8000 and the F-50 in a real professional review, I sincerely feel that we are making pure guesses about their performance.

Sarah Joyce
Malinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:27 AM   #4

I know that little is out about the new s8000, but I was a little surprised by the picture accompanying the release on the news page. Am I wrong, but does that look like a power zoom on the front on the camera?

One of the things I really like about the s6000, and from comments on this forum I gather that others do too, is the manual zoom. I'm a firm believer that it's faster, more precise, and far more conserving on batteries. Going to a power zoom just makes it more like the H9 and the 18X Olympus.
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:17 PM   #5

Malinda-

All you have to do is to go to www.pbase.com. There you can see photos from just about any camera.

Concerning the Fuji S-8000: We all have high hopes for the camera and its features. However, until we get to see some professional reviews, we will not know how well those features are implemented on the S-8000 and it real life capabilities.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote