Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:37 AM   #11

Well, i'm not exactly a "good" photographer:G. Just bought it for my own xmas present:loln 2006 so it's only 9 month old. Only 900+ shots. Very very stupid beginner:G. But i'll take look at my pictures and i'll share here.

Just be patient. There's a chance I'll be quite busy for the next couple of days.

But wait, i think i have one here at my office. I love the sky.

It's been PP in Photoshop, I separated the sky and the houses, use Auto Level in each, and there you go...bluish houses:G. I have to spend more time to PP it. I'm thinking of cropping it and send it for a contest. What do you think?
Attached Images

DChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:38 AM   #12

oops, is it too big?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:26 AM   #13

Hey Nice Shot.Ya,Crop it and fine-tune a bit..then go contest la..
haa...

Shoot with your S9600?
Come on somemore...please
MacTreoUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:16 AM   #14

Thanks for your opinion. Yes, it's from my S9600. I also use UV and CPL filters. And I'm too lazy (and it's too risky) to remove the filter, so they'll always stay there.

Just be patient. I'm at the office and my photos are at home. Problem is, I spend little time at home (andjust sleeping, mostly). I don't PP all of my photos. Just try to PP that one and quite impressed.

Do you own any digital cameras? I used to have 2MP Olympus C-150 with no optical zoom (I gave it to my Dad and one day it just died). So, S9600 is a huge leap for me. FZ50 would also be a huge leap.

If you have any other experience with another camera, you should put it intoconsideration when you decide your next camera.

PS: are you...by any chance...from Singapore?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 5:57 AM   #15

MacTreoUser,

imho you've got all the answers you need, now you have to decide what features suit you better and what you can afford with your budget. Another important thing is handling - go to a camera store and handle both cameras. Check how they feel in your hands and if you find the camera controls logical and comfortable for you. You can take any advice and recommendation from all the good people here and buy the best in the world (doesn't exist :-)) camera, but you won't use it much, because in YOUR hands it won't feel right.

Both Fuji and Pana are great advanced cameras, they just have slightly different strong points.

Regards,

Alex
algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:09 PM   #16

DChris + Algold,

Thanks again,what a kind people around me...appreciate so much!!
erm..actually i'm from Malaysia...but always on and off to s'pore so...for me,Malaysia Singapore...same Land.

Erm,actually really got the answer and true..both own their cool features and differences...

But Algold,High ISO are really important don't you think so?then s'ld i skip the FZ50?

I'm now actually still hold the Finepix S602 since i already stop shooting for a long long time...and ofcouse my company own a Canon 10D,Minolta Dimage 7,Canon G1,Pana FX30,Samsung NV10,Canon iXus 70,Leica Lux 2 and so on...crazy..haa..Will upgrade the Canon 5D end of the year.

I'm very happy with the Pana FX30 picture colour and S602 as well...but S602 is OLD tech...so,some of the time shuttle slow...Focus slow...one thing i'm appreciate is the Enlarge Focus Check...that's why all my question are focus on FZ50 and S9600...haa..cause i know the picture quality

10D oso produce a good picture.why i mention Prosumer like both of the above?because of sometimes...angle is a problem...so that need the flexi-LCD to replace the fix View Finder to get Higher and Lower Angle...don't you agree?

Hey guys..try to show your shots...wish to take a look...really!!!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:09 PM   #17

MacTreoUser -

Nope, image stabilization is no big deal to me, probably because I'm "old school" - never had IS, so I've never missed it. I carry a light-duty tripod with me and that gets me through any situation. I've had several other "point-n-shoots" that I've carried and believe me, the difference between 28mm and the 35-38mm of those P&S cameras is significant.

For flash I can use any old-style auto flash, my favorite being the Vivitar 285HV on a simple bracket that has all the power one could need for only $90 (B&H Photo) - sure beats nearly $400 for a Canon 580 for my Canon 20D!

jZ
AutoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 6:21 AM   #18

AutoRex,

Ya ya...No IS before Digital...erm..Good answ...haa..even,i don't think that IS help a lot in Tele Shooting..unless Shooting those Freeze object...just an help on steady shoot...cut down the hand shake problem..

Bro..show some of your photos .... :-)
Old Sep 26, 2007, 3:57 PM   #19

No new Fuji shots - I sold my S9500 about a year ago, but here we go:
These flower were about 5mm in diameter, shot in SuperMacro mode:

Another macro (about 2cm in diameter):

A couple of wildlife shots:

A product shot:

A tweaked home studio shot:

A couple of candids:

General messing around:

And the Moon (not great by a long shot, but taken with digital zoom):

algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:51 AM   #20

algold...

Wonderful shots...
Do you think S9600 produce a good DOF without Macro fucntion?