Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:00 AM   #21

I have confirmation that the NextPhoto Adapter will screw onto the S8000fd.
For more info have a look at the new post I started on this:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=16

Hey monsieurms, do you think you'll look into using it for lens protection with the right filter (or should I say non-filter) attached?

JH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 12:03 PM   #22

I emailed fuji tech dept for info about thread size on the S8000 and they told me it is 38.1mm and although fuji don't make lenses or filters for this model they advised me to try a U.K. company called SRB. I checked them out and although they don't stock filters etc in this size they will custom manufacture filters. The easier (and a lot cheaper) way is to buy a step up ring which they do in two sizes,38.1mm to 40.5mm or 38.1mm to 52mm , then buy the appropriate 'standard' sized filters. Here's a link to that page http://www.srb-griturn.com/fuji-fine...ing-1386-p.asp

Hope this helps !:-)
milton5722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:42 PM   #23

Almost a repost from this discussion:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...=16&page=2

I find it curious that the fuji tech dept told milton5722 "to try a U.K. company called SRB".

This is the basic response Fuji sends out in regards to any step ring (alias Lens Adapter) offered by any 3rd party.

In regards to asking if NextPhoto will attach...
Quote:
Fuji Tokyo has stated that they cannot confirm the operation or suitability of this filter for our product since it is not a Fuji produced product. You would have to communicate with Next Photo about whether they recommended it's use or not. If you do choose to use it please be advised that you would be doing so at your own risk. This does not mean that it will damage your product but simply that we will not comment one way or the other about the advisability of using or on the performance of a Non-Fuji Product.
Sincerely, Gordon Stogre National Manager, Digital Support Services
FUJIFILM Canada Inc.
In regards to asking if Olympus brand will simply attach...
Quote:
There are no remote release cables or lens adapters for the S8000FD. Olympus products are designed for Olympus cameras. Fujifilm has not tested with any other manufactures products with the camera.
Sincerely,
Digital Camera Technical Support
FUJIFILM Canada Inc.
In regards to my own design...
Quote:
Dear sir, As we cannot assure the product liability,

高橋満雄 Mitsuo Takahashi
Products Planning & Technical Service Div.
Electronic Imaging Products Div.
FUJIFILM Corporation (Tokyo, Japan)
I have probably cost Fujifilm more than my last Fujifilm camera cost in responding to my emails.
I've 14 additional ones that are much the same as above from Fujifilm USA, Canada, Japan, regarding similar lens adapters.
One of them is even a set of 5 sizes, but it's a very poorly made failure.
Anyways, Fujifilm has a clear company line when it comes to 3rd party products.

I'll be most interested in hearing from people in Steve's Digicams on the SBR design and if it works...
Or if anyone already in the forums had heard about this SBR company before.

JH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 4:36 AM   #24

Hi, here is a copy of the email I was sent by fuji UK:

Thank you for contacting Fuji UK,

The thread size on the Fuji S8000 camera model is 38.1mm and we are sorry to advise that Fuji do not make or sell filters or adaptors.

However please contact the following company who may be able to assist you further.

The name of the company is SRB and you can contact them on tel number 01582 661878.

Sincerely, Fujifilm

--------------------------------------

This is a U.K. phone number so I just assume they are a U.K. firm, maybe a division of a non-U.K. company though.
milton5722 is offline   Reply With Quote