Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:01 PM   #1

Hi

I am a newbie her and need some advice

I just bought last week the Fuji s700 camera.

I played with it and comes with nice shots. One thing maybe iI am not sure about is

when I used the optical Zoom at his maximum capacity, sometimes I am able to get a nice clear image. But most of the time I don't.

I t happens after changing the zoom mode at different setting ex. macro or super macro.

Is it normal or the camera could be faulty

Thanks

glcorbeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2007, 4:20 PM   #2

Please post an example of picture showing the problem. If your problem happens when you are shooting Macro or Super Macro there are specific distances you have to be to the subject to be in focus.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 5:31 PM   #3

It really would be a lot easier to comment if you provided an example of your work. Generally speaking, I think it is somewhat of a challenge to take images at full zoom. For one thing, the camera is much more difficult to hold steady because not only is the picture magnified but so is any camera movement.

I don't know if it is the same on your camera, but on my 9000 if I use the super macro setting the zoom must be set to the widest angle. I suggest that you check your owner's manual to find out what the distance requirements/limitations are with your camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 6:55 PM   #4

Hi

This is my first digital camera, ( Fuji S700 )and I know I have to learn about it.

The problem occurs at maximum zoom ( Telephoto 10x ) when I want to shoot the same subject more than once. On the LCD screen the image looks perfect and in focus. But if I have to re-adjust the focus again , then the others look out of focus and I will have to readjust it several times before I got the image back in focus

Thanks for your help

The example attached may be helpfull

Attached Images

Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:00 PM   #5

Sorry for the size of the attachement.

I am not use to it
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:41 PM   #6

When you take a picture you have to press the shutter down half way until the auto focus takes effect. After focussing takes place you continue to press down until the picture is taken. For the next picture you have to repeat the process. The camera doesnt maintain the focus. Half press, pause, then full press. Also shiny surfaces and bright water poses a problem for the autofocus system. It likes to be able to focus on something specific.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:51 PM   #7

Thanks very much for your help.

I appreciate it very much. Iwill continue to experiment and do as you said.

When I will become more comfortable with my camera, it will be fun to share my photos with you guys.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:01 PM   #8

You might want to try manual focus and then click in quick succession. Then all shots should be in focus.