Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:41 PM   #11

I use the 9100 for shooting images for a local newspaper and also shooting fire and rescue stuff. The images are really really good.Shot at 9 mega-pixel fine and you can make 16x20 prints. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the 9110 has a great video mode that makes really good video files. So in my case their is no need to every carry a camcorder. And their is memo mode that lets me a add a short voice memo to any pictures which lets me easily ID locations, peoples names etc once I get home without carrying around notebokk.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 1:32 PM   #12

Hi,
Me too I have a9600 from fuji. The noise level is quite high in low light conditions but for making macro it's wonderful. Because of the noise level I am planning to get a Nikon D40 or D40x they are quite cheap in Singapore.
didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:56 AM   #13

I have a S9000. I doubt I'll ever switch to a dslr simply because I don't see myself getting serious enough about photography, or make enough money from photography, to dive into the dslr world. I'm an accessorizer, and I could easily see myself dumping $10,000 into dslr photography equiment. I wanted as much power as I could get in a simpler & cheaper superzoom form factor, so the S9xxx series will probably be the most advanced cameras I'll have. I can fully accessorize this camera with huge memory cards, the best recharger and batteries, the best telephoto and macro lens converters, a great flash and a very good tripod for about $1000, and that definitely makes a lot of fiscal sense to someone like me.

That said, I'm getting pretty excited about this camera. I haven't even had this camera a week, and I've already started reading the manual a second time. I've also started stocking up with accessories as well.
leaftye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 8:38 AM   #14

S9000 or S9100? The S9000 is rather old. Also the S9000 has several low light focusing issues that many people have spoke about on this forum. The S9100 which I own and use for work is much more stable choice. I have nhot seeen the need for additional lens convertors for the camera myself as the 28-300mm zoom is plenty. I use the sandisc ultra II emory card in it as well as a pqi 100x memory card and they are about as fast as the camera can handle.... I once tryed an exterme III card on loan and it didn't see any changes in speed. I would get 2900mha batteries if you haven't already bought batteries for your camera.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:28 PM   #15

I have a Fuji S9100 and while I do not use it often only because I have a few dslr's, it does have a purpose...I love the live view with adjustable screen...

All in all, when I bought it, I felt like I bought the very best p&s there was...
I can only hope that Fuji continues in this tradition...I hope they come out with a better one in the same 9000 series of cameras..
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote