Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:59 AM   #1

Hello. Im new at this forum.

I have a S7000 that I love. But I noticed that once in a while (15 out 200 pis) I hear a noise when the camera is focusing and horizontal lines appear in the photo. Please.... I dont want to replace it yet. It is 3 years old.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
rmelendez72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Administrator

Yep, ignore it if it's only at higher ISO speeds.

Higher ISO speed "banding" is common with a number of camera models. You can't expect perfect pictures if you need to stretch the limits of a camera with higher ISO speed settings. ;-)

Just to make sure that you're seeing what I thiink you're seeing, you may want to post some examples. It could be different issue (indicative of a pending CCD failure).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:06 PM   #3

Hi Jim

the problem is in Auto mode with Inside or outside pics. This is an example. (I had to crop the pic)...

If the CCD is dying... Should I send it to Fuji for repair (Is it worth it)or should Buy a new one??

Thank you
Attached Images

Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:20 PM   #4
Administrator

That doesn't look good at all (especially since the ISO Speed was only 200). That's not the type of banding I thought you were referring to.

You say you're hearing a noise, huh? That's sounds like a mechanical issue.

If that's when the lines occur, it could be related to the way power is being pulled by the lens mechanism if you have a gear sticking somewhere. That's just a guess.

Have you got known good (not older) fully charged, high capacity, NiMH batteries in it? I'd try a fresh set of batteries to see if it's power related (voltage drops can play havoc with digital cameras). Try a different memory card if you have one, too.

I'd also use all switches, buttons and dials to make sure a bit of oxidation under a contact isn't causing an electrical issue (just using them should help if that's the issue).

If it's not just a simple power problem or oxidation under a contact, I don't have any idea what Fuji is charging right now for repairs. Hopefully, some of our Fuji users may see this thread and let you know.

Unfortunately, it just might cost more to get it fixed than it's worth on the used market (that's the way these things sometimes go, since labor alone can eat up the cost of a camera model for almost anything wrong).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:16 PM   #5

Man... that was fast.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Actually the memory card is new. (This didnt happend when I used the old one) I'm going to use the old one and see. I use Energizer lithium batteries...

Im going to try all your sugestions. Ill let you know

Thanks again