Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 22, 2008, 5:58 PM   #11

Got my rebate check today, and cashed it...50 buckeroos. You get yours today Barry? They were mailed the same day.

If you bought a Fuji camera in 2007, you qualify for the rebate. For those of you who are thinking of buying a Fuji, the rebate is good if you buy before 3/1/08. The form is in this thread - go for it.

Once again, thank you Barry in Dallas. Next time I'm in town, I'll buy you a beer.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:10 PM   #12

Just a beer? LOL, I'll take a run n coke. I got mine today too. was shocked it was in the form of a postcard and no envelope, could have easily been stolen but it's safe and secure now. glad to see you got yours too.
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:14 PM   #13

Another Cuba Libre for Barry the Hun...I mean Rinnie in Dallas...I mean...maybe I should take a cab back to the hotel...

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:24 PM   #14

Just enjoy, Rinnie! I will be doing the same thing with my new S-8000 when I receive it next week. Many thanks to Barry in Dallas for pointing out the Fuji S-8000 to me. It is almost a hidden or secret camera. But none the less, it qualifies for a $50 Fuji Rebate.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:03 AM   #15

Thanks Sarah,
Hope your enjoying the s8000. Have you used the zoom at full extention yet? Make sure you use the IS feature or have a tripod handy if you do. The pictures may not as clear or sharp as a DSLR zoom lens but damn good IMHO when you consider we don't spend almost $1000 or more for an extra lens and carry all that weight.

Barry
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:47 PM   #16

Barry-

That is the whole advantage of a super zoom. There are lots of people who don't want to spend the $$$ for a DSLR, or who are fed up with the bulk, size, and weight of a typical DSLR kit.

I odered the camera just yesterday, so I don't expect to see it till the end of this week.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:07 PM   #17

Sarah,
Can't wait to see your first pics. I took the pictures below while I was in Florida during Christmas. These shot gave me a perfect oppertunity to check out the Wide Angle/Super Zoom ramge of the s8000. Perfect camera for anyone who hates changing lenses and as you say "weight" since it's my biggest concern since I have scars on my shoulders.

Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:20 PM   #18

Those are great looking photos, Barry!

I really like the availability of a wide angle position on the lens. I will be posting some samples as soon as I get the camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:41 PM   #19

BTW, I love helping anyone I can, I have free long distance anywhere in N.America with Earthlink. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] along with your phone # and I'll call you back when you want if you need help with settings etc with your s8000. My number is 214-946-8378

Barry
Old Mar 16, 2008, 4:28 PM   #20

Thanks Barry-

That is very kind of you. However, I am a professional digital camera instructor, so I can probably find my way around the S-8000. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Sarah Joyce