Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:05 PM   #21

Barry-

I know after reviewing your posts that you feel the the Fuji S-8000 has not gotten the attention that it deserves. Consider this:

The Fuji S-700 is a good little camera that has been pushed into the background simply due to it not being one of Fuji's famous ISO capable cameras. The Fuji S-8000 is suffering the same fate which is really unfortunate as it is a good 18X optical zoom camera. Because it is not a high ISO capable camera it has gotten far less attention than it really deserves.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:35 PM   #22

Sarah,
Having once owned the s700, it's only problem was not having a true IS which thankfully the s8000 has. I have printed some decent (not great by any means) shots at 3200 and 6400 ISO after a little post processing and keeping them at 5 x 7 or smaller.
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:57 PM   #23

Barry-

While I have not received my Fuji S-8000, I did manage to convince a friend to take advantage of the $50 Fuji Rebate. She bought hers today at Best Buy.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:19 PM   #24

Hope she gets her rebate, I thought you had to buy it BEFORE March 1st to be elgible and mail it in before March 31st. Hope I'm wrong.

Barry
Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:25 AM   #25

Barry-

According to the Fuji rebate form which I have in my hand the rebate is good on sales made through 03/31/2008 and the rebate request must be submitted by 04/20/2008.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 17, 2008, 9:28 AM   #26

Must be another rebate, glad she's able to get in on the action, I have an entire thread on DC Resource dedicated to pictures from the s8000 and it's not very active Hopefully you can help me jump start it again. Will post the link in my next post if you want it.

Barry

edit: I just saw your name "speaklightly" on there, so nevermind. :P
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:27 PM   #27

Good Morning, Barry-

Yes, I am also active on the www.dcresource.com forum as well. As soon as I get the S-8000, I will be posting over there. I am glad to help out.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:45 PM   #28

Good afternoon Sarah,
I just bought a K100d Pentax DSLR "like new" with a 200mm zoom,wide angle and macro lens for $525.00 on Ebay, also comes with a tripod and deluxe camera bag, seller also threw in an old K1000 35mm SLR. Sounds like a bargain. Since you teach digital photography, wadda think? Even if I don't use it, I think I could resell the "package" for a lot more.

Barry
Old Mar 17, 2008, 1:53 PM   #29

Barry-

A lot of the value resides in the lenses. Are the lenses from Pentax, or third party makers? At first glance it looks good, but to honestly value the "kit" you would have to know tyhe specific contents.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 17, 2008, 2:09 PM   #30

Sarah, lenes are Vivitar, who seem to make those better than their digcams, my first digcam was given to me on Christmas 03 and it's better paperweight than a cameram reds were like a purple lollypup, gawd awful. Seller has a good feedback rating so we shall see. At the very least, I should get my money's worth if I resell it later. Googled K100D prices and even (body only) models are selling for $499 without accessories.

Barry