Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Administrator

See Steve's hands on review here:

Fujifilm FinePix F50fd

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2007, 2:13 AM   #2

I have purchased the Fuji F50SE from Best Buy wich is the same camera as the F50fd. Whilst your review relating to the specifications for this camera are accurate, I just dont understand your interpretation of the quality of photosthe cameraproduces.

Unless taken at ISO 100 the pictures are very noise. Your sample photo taken at ISO 400 shows this to be the case when viewed at full resolution.

Photo quality is one of the most important aspects. The cameradoes not provide crisp clear images at ISO settings above 100. If I were to provide an honest review of this camera it would focus on the extreme noise shown in photos taken at highr ISO's and warn potentil buyers of this fact. I certainly would not recommend it as a camera to buy.

Albut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:27 PM   #3

With all due respect to the previous poster, but I believe you may have purchased a defective F50. I've had mine for close to a month and have nothing but praise for it's high ISO capability.

The proof is in the pudding: Shot at ISO400 f2.8 1/38

I don't know about you, but this certainly looks to me like a "crisp clear image at ISO settings above 100". BTW, no noise reduction-post processing was applied to the above photo. Just resized for forum posting.

A question to the previous poster, why settle for sample photos from a review site to bolster your argument? What do your own ISO400 shots show? Why not post those so others can decide? Let actual images from actual users speak for itself.
Tsarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:44 PM   #4

Jim,

Please excuse the noob question. Lots of review sites do say the F50 is noisier than its predecessors, especially F30 and 31, because 12 million pixesl are crammed onto the sensor. I NEVER need pictures that large. My question is, if I use the camera to take "smaller" pictures, do I gain back the low light joy of the F31?

CT
CTinAllegany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:08 PM   #5
Administrator

You'll have to decide for yourself. Noise not going to be as noticable at a smaller viewing/print size. But, personally, I'd rather manufacturers slowed down a bit with the megapixel race in these smaller cameras, and concentrate more on noise levels and dynamic range (and Fuji is a bit better than most others at keeping noise levels down with some of their models).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote