Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 18, 2007, 6:23 PM   #1

I am trying to update the software for my s8000fd. I got the 2 files downloaded to my desktop (windows xp) and then I get lost. Their directions oops. I can't figure out how to get the file into the camera. Any help would be appreciated!! This is the point in the process where I get lost: Copy "FPUPDATE.DAT" to the media. Can someone please share how to do this? Here's the link to the exact page:
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...00fd/fupd.html
richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:16 AM   #2
Administrator

Just look for the file you downloaded using Windows Explorer (look under My Computer and go to the folder you downloaded the file to), click on that file select it, and then pick Edit, Copy from the menus to copy it. You can probably just right click on it if it's somewhere like you're desktop and select Copy, too (I'm not in Windows right this minute and can't check).

Then, look for your card reader or camera under My Computer, double click on it to open it to it's root folder, and Select Edit, Paste to copy the firmware file to it.

You're just copying the firmware to the card so that it will find it upon a powerup and install it (follow the instructions you found).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:23 PM   #3

I was finally able to figure it out..thanks!
richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote