Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:42 PM   #1

I've got a new camera to use, it's a S700/S5700, before I had the canon A650 IS.
That was a good camera, AND the biggest thing I liked was the Canon high powered flash attachment available... thus the fact that i'm addicted to it... hmph, haha.
So I was googling high-powered flash for the camera, with no results, if you know of any high powered flashes that works with this camera, please post them.
Thanks!
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:59 PM   #2

Since there is no hot shoe you cant attach another flash directly to the camera. I suppose a slave flash is all you can use. And they come as powerful as you have the money for.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:23 PM   #3

yeah ok, I looked around and found this forum:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=53

But how would these slave flashes plug in to?, usb port?, I don't really know since the canon was wireless, also I need a store!! haha, i'm in my home in Newfoundland now, a TINY town, so there's not really any camera-directed stores here.
I need to find a slave flash that provides 30 ft (at least of flash strength..) hmmm
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:02 AM   #4

A slave flash doesn't have to be connected to the camera. It has a sensor that detects the flash from your built-in flash that makes it fire. It would be a good idea to go to a photography store and see if you can experiment with a slave flash with your camera. Some cameras produce a "pre-flaash" that will cause the slave to fire too soon. And there are some slave flashes that are programmed to ignore that pre-flash. I haven't used a slave flash for many years. But when I did, I was able to get some very nice portraits. That was way back in my film photography days.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:33 AM   #5

You may have to go to St. John's to find a camera store in Newfoundland.

Here's my setup. The big flash on top of the optical slave is triggered by the little flash on the camera.

dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote