Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:52 AM   #21

I think they are RAF files if I remember right
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:01 PM   #22
Administrator

ellenfl wrote:
Quote:
can anyone tell me what fuji's raw format is? will it work in photoshop cs2? i am going to be really disappointed if the s100fs raw files cannot be processed in cs2.

ellen fl
Each new camera model requires an update to Adobe Camera Raw, due to differences inside of the raw files produced, even if the file extension is the same.

Adobe no longer provides updates to the 3.x versions of Camera Raw that are compatible with CS2. Newer 4.x versions of camera raw that are being updated as new models are released will not work with CS2.

But, if you don't want to upgrade to a newer version, Adobe will probably update their free DNG Converter Camera Raw soon to support this new model. Then, you could convert it's raw files to .dng format with the converter, and process the .dng files with the Camera Raw version in CS2. IOW, it would be a two step conversion process.

This is where you can find links to download the Adobe DNG converter. Note that the lastest version doesn't have this new Fuji model listed yet. But, Adobe will probably update it to support this new model soon.

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:02 PM   #23

thanks, jim. i DO have the adobe dng converter but i was hoping to avoid that. i may have to find a new raw processor . . . maybe capture one . . . because i do not want to have to spend hundreds of bucks again to buy photoshop cs3. that is SUCH a scam (imo).

ellen fl
ellenfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 12:31 PM   #24

I have just purchased the S1000fd, sight unseen, liked the review. I will not get my Camera till April. With the discound i got plus the Fuji Rebate I saved over $60.

I was looking for a camera that filled the gap between my S6000 and my S5000, I liked the S700, but felt the 1000 would be a nice asset.

I hope my gut feeling proves right. Also like the SD and XD card slot on the 1000. Comments appreciated.

RichardK
RichardK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 3:42 PM   #25

what discount and rebate? does it apply to the s100fs?

ellen fl
Old Mar 15, 2008, 6:32 PM   #26

Hi Ellen.

Yes It applies to all Fuji bought in Feb, Mar 08. (as i understand it). I had a invoice but not a UPS#, but on inquiring they honored it and I am supposed to get this rebate soon. I dont get the camera until the end of April.

Go To Fuji site and look up Rebates or Special offers. The one I had for Fuji Canada was for $30, but I understand the US Rebate is for $50 and is finished end of March orApril. Applies to all Fuji cameras over $200, bought in Mar/April.

I stand to be corrected, but check with the US Fuji site. www.fujifilmusa.com.

Richardk
Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:37 PM   #27

Here's a link to a discussion about the Fuji rebate. It applies to every Fuji camera purchased between 1/1/07 and 3/1/08, provided Fuji receives your rebate form by 3/31/08.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=16

I got mine!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 3:07 PM   #28

Hi All.

Just saw some Pictures taken using the S1000fd, by a "Wendy' on Amazon.com.

I did not think this camera was available, however the pictures I saw, if indeed taken by the S1000fd were amazing in all respects. They matched the S700 in clearity and sharpness and more.

Wish I had it to take on Holidays, oh Well, another month.

Richard
Old Mar 22, 2008, 9:43 PM   #29

the s100fs came out in february. has anyone seen a review yet? i don't know if i can wait until the price comes down. this is getting REALLY hard. :roll:

ellen fl
Old Mar 23, 2008, 12:03 PM   #30

I don't think the S100fs cameras hit the stores in the US until March, and I haven't seen a single professional review as yet (but then again, it's still March). They are now available on Amazon for $768.21, delivered.

At that price, I can wait to see a few reviews. Sounds like a good cam.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote