Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Lens Filter Adapters for S8000fd and S8100fd?
Yes & a Remote too 4 36.36%
Yes 2 18.18%
No 0 0%
Maybe (depends on price) 2 18.18%
Don't Care 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 29, 2008, 8:34 PM   #11

The S9100 replacement also uses a lithium battery, which is the reason I won't be upgrading, unless Fuji's competitors refuse to make a comparable camera that uses AA's.

Seeing as how Fuji isn't into making accessories, I think it was foolish of them to move away from the common AA battery to a proprietary lithium battery, a battery that may not be scarce or completely unavailable in a few years, which will drastically shorten the working life of this camera. At least a camera that uses AA batteries has the potential to be used for a lifetime.
leaftye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 10:29 PM   #12

Hey Barry in Dallas,

Quote:
Waiting for reviews on the s100fs, looks like a winner
Did you get your eager (& shaking) hands on a s100fs yet??? :G
If you did, what's your thoughts on it?:|
JH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 10:39 PM   #13

No, but after seeing the DPReview evaluation of it, it seems more like a loser than a winner, waaaaay too much purple fringing for my taste. Besides I have switched sides since my last post on this topic. I now have a k200d Pentax DSLR which cost me less than the Fuji s100fs would have set me back and I can change lenses too The resolution and low noise at 1600 ISO totally leave the s8000fd in the dust, I sold it on EBAY for almost as much paid for it, made a nice down payment for the Pentax, oughta check it out JH, you'll switch too.

Barry
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2008, 9:14 PM   #14

Though I'll be using the S8000 for probably another year, I will have a look at the K200d.
JH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 4:33 PM   #15

JH,
After owning three Fuji bridgecams (s5500,s700/5700 and the s8000) in a year and a half, I'll say the s700 was my favorite since you can shoot movies while zooming in and out. I rarely used the ISO 3200 and 6400 setting or used the full 18x zoom ability of the s8000. Fuji still has not adressed the "filter issue" on the cam at all either.As I said earlier, when you figure in the rebates I got with these cams, I resold them for as much as I paid for them.Pentax and others call the k200d "entry level" because it has scene modes, that's fine with me. This cam with it's 10MP sensor,dust removal and it's excellent shake reduction, sealed the deal for me. I have gotten sharp pics even with my messed up shoulders using slow shutter speeds and a Sigma 70-300mm zoom attached...also uses AA batteries.It's gotta be the bargain of the year. Come On JH, get one too and put the Fuji up for bid on Ebay.Send me a private e-mail and I'll show you how to make money (legally) to pay for new equpment like I did.

Barry
Barry in Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:16 PM   #16

slightly upgreded versions of S8000, called S8100 - works also well.
most worries about warranty cut-down and sensor quality(at now - not bad).
most changes - reflect swithing from 8mp to 10 mp sensor and inevitable.
maybe in next versions 3'' LCD comes(prices on components falling costantly, especially, TFT matrix) and increased buffersize. and-or added compressed TIFF support(im not need RAW most times, and not have times to tweak them, while digicam shoot properly and because FujuFilm - shot very well in most cases ...)

p.s. very flexible cam both, me plans buying another for personal usage(animal shooting in my neighbour very interesting).

SkyShoot is offline   Reply With Quote