Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:14 PM   #1

I have a two week old S700 that won't download all of a sudden. It stopped right in the middle of downloading. When I tried to restart it I get a folder not found on the screen, then it will say DSCCF0014.JPG not found. I still have pictures in it, but even when I push the dial to go from frame to frame, it lags something bad, often just giving me a blue LCD screen.

Appreciate any help :O
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:05 PM   #2

eddie,

What type of memory card are you using? Did you try another card in the camera? You need to determine if the problem lies with the card or with the camera. You need to try another card.

I'm not sure I follow your story. Maybe you can add some details...

"It stopped right in the middle of downloading."

You were uploading pictures into your computer through a USB cable? Some pictures transferred, and then it froze up? Can you see any pictures on your computer from that upload?

"When I tried to restart it I get a folder not found on the screen, then it will say DSCCF0014.JPG not found."

What says 'folder not found', your computer or your camera? How did you try to restart it - did you unplug the USB connection...turn off the camera then turn it back on...you turned off the computer then restarted it?

"I still have pictures in it, but even when I push the dial to go from frame to frame, it lags something bad, often just giving me a blue LCD screen.
"

What happens when you get a blue LCD screen - it freezes up and you have to turn off the camera? It gets to the next picture eventually? Did the camera ever 'lag' before? Ever get the blue screen before?

It might help if you could describe the condition in a little more detail. Someone may have had the same or similar problem. The main thing is to first try another memory card and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then it is probably a bad card. If it does, then the fault is with the camera.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:32 PM   #3

I took the card out and it seems to work fine. I called Fuji, but they had no idea, or check the batteries and then send them the camera

It was downloading fine,some of pictures transfered, but then it stopped. I clicked on cancel, then it prompted "can't find that file" on the computer screen.

Yes, I was using the cable that came with the camera.

I closed the program, after it said, on my computer screen, program not respondong. It said I could finish, or "end now" by clicking on what choice I desired. I choose end now, and the program ended on my computer, the camera was still on. I had to hold the on/off lever over till my camera shut off, then I unplugged it.

"What happens when you get a blue LCD screen - it freezes up and you have to turn off the camera? It gets to the next picture eventually? Did the camera ever 'lag' before? Ever get the blue screen before?"

Yes....on my LCD viewfinder yes, but not on my computer if I try to download.

No...it never lagged before.

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2008, 5:35 PM   #4

OK....I tried it just on its internal memory and downloaded...it worked fine.

Why is my memory causing this?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 6:45 PM   #5

Could be a defective memory card - what kind is it? Where did you buy it?

Eddie...you need to buy or borrow another memory card and try it in your camera.

the Hun

Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:38 PM   #6

Thanks Hun....you are a good guy

My son came in from playing with his buds in the snow. They had an official "snow day" and high school was nixed. He saw me mumbling and throwing things and kicking the dog and asked, "Dad....what it be man?"

I told him my camera took a dump.....

He laughed and said "Give it to me."

He looked at it, gave a once over, heck, this guy has never read the owners quide, but replied...."You got a corrupted memory disk."

HUH?

He said while I was out shooting, a frame went wrong, and the preceding frames became compromised because of it....

HUH HUH ????

He took at the disk, put it in my computer tower, took over my keyboard, and rescured what he could and ditched the bad frames, then he re-formatted it and reinstalled it in my camera and BAM.....it works fine :|

Here are a couple of shots I did get.....THANKS for your time bro....

eddie

Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:25 PM   #7

Very nice shots, eddie...that's the only kind of blue you should be getting on your LCD now. Keep that boy around for awhile!

I think I see an improvement in your photography since he fixed the card (just kidding).

the Hun