Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 25, 2002, 3:50 AM   #1

Default Fuji Finexpix S602

I am planning to buy a this camera but need to make sure of it beforehand. For all of u who own the camera, would u recommend me buying it?

Is there any problem with these camera at all?

I came accross few sellers that are willing to sell this camera at USD $614 (plus shipping cost), is this the cheapest price? Would u recommend me buying at this price level since the price level isn't very convincing where other sellers sell at USD $700-$800?

Thank you
ngehek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2002, 7:55 AM   #2

No problem, the S602 will make a really good choice. I love it and had no surprise with it. The "5 last" continuus shooting is really a must have. The 3.3MPix effective is a judicious choice in term of size of pixels in the CCD, allowing better sensivity than its concurent (up to 400ISO in full size).
Conerning the price, I can't help. I paid it about $800 in Canada in order to have local waranty and to avoid any shippng / back order delay. Even for this price, its a good deal for a digital camera.
noctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:50 PM   #3

Default Reply

Point taken ... any other comments?
Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:59 PM   #4

Bought my s602 a few days ago, and am still getting used to it, but impressions after a few days use are good.
Pictures are excellent with no colour casts as posted by one user. Colours are accurate. Low light focus is better than my previous cam. No regrets buying it so far. The proper Fuji case for this case is rubbish however and I suggest you get a off the shelf case for it. I returned my Fiji case, no shoulder strap with it and no where to attache one either and expensive for what it is.
Get the camera but not the case:-))
sollyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 2:55 PM   #5

Default Don't hesitate : buy it !

I have it since 1 week. I love it : beautiful photos, incredible VGA mode video, wonderful 6X optical zoom, many buttons everywhere that prevent you from continuously surfing in the menu to parameterize your shoots.
Znarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2002, 10:59 PM   #6

Default Beginning to love finepix s602

Hearing you guys comment, I'm beginning to love this camera already. Any bad experience with this camera?
Old Jul 28, 2002, 10:53 AM   #7

Well I've had mine for a few days now, and I've just returned it for a group of hot pixels (9) which showed easily on dark scenes, even at speeds upto 1/125 Unfortunately the replacement definately shows reds as being orange, and I now have a couple of pixels missing on the rear LCD display. I'm not a happy bunny!
This one will also be going back tommorow. Nice camera if you can find a good one. Looks like Fuji's quality control is slipping a little, I've had 3 Fuji cams and this is the first time I've had problems.
I'm possibly a little fussy, but for this sort of money I dont want pixels missing from the LCD.
Hope yours turns out to be a good one.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 9:02 AM   #8

Default missing pixel

I've just found out that my S602 has 2 missing pixel on the LCD display. Is this common for S602 or should I demand a replacement?
isaacvoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2002, 11:32 AM   #9

If they show up a lot on the rear LCD or the EVF as bright spots and are really noticable then I would change it.

I've returned 2 for Stuck pixels 1/32" spot on LCD on one and hot pixels on the ccd and not even at slow shutter speeds either.
If you are not happy with it..change it.

I took the view that if I were to sell it next week and I told the purchaser that there were bad pixels on the LCD which I would have to tell him because they were instantly noticable when the camera was tuned on, then I believe it would be difficult to sell the camera without reducing the price.

So I'm now on my 3rd, which I'm pleased to say is 99.9% okay.

It just has 1 tiny barely noticable slightly warm pixel on the EVF.. you have difficulty finding it. Otherwise it appears fine.

Prominent Pixel faults on the LCD etc which can affect its resale price I will not accept.
Old Aug 2, 2002, 7:22 AM   #10

what should I check to make sure the camera is in perfect condition?
isaacvoo is offline   Reply With Quote