Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:04 AM   #11

Man I have an opposite veiw on the batteries. I applaud the new battery, I HATE double A batteries. They are annoying to removed, put in the charger and re-load back in the camera, they never last as long as the proprietary ones, I just hate em. My D40 has a LiIon battery and I love it. The new battery in the S100FS makes me like the camera more.
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:23 PM   #12

I get 300+ photos per charge from rechargeable AA's with my Pentax K100D. Not as good as the Nikon D40, but extra juice is used for the in-body IS.

The whole battery debate is way overrated. Just because a camera used AA doesn't mean you must use alkaline AA's. Quality rechargeables are affordable and more universal.

I think I'm of the same point of view as jphess; if you are basing your camera decision on battery type or media card type, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.
brokenbokeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2008, 2:49 PM   #13

Quote:
The whole battery debate is way overrated. Just because a camera used AA doesn't mean you must use alkaline AA's. Quality rechargeables are affordable and more universal.
That's true, I do use rechargable AA's in my other cam, but still hate messing with them.

Quote:
I think I'm of the same point of view as jphess; if you are basing your camera decision on battery type or media card type, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.
True also, but for me, AA's are just one thing I put in the negative column when comparing cams. Just my preference is all.
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote