Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:36 PM   #1

I have a Finepix S9000 that recently began acting up.
The usb port no longer works and the batteries no longer power the camera.
I bought new batteries and still nothing.

It works with the AC adapter attached but this makes it unpractical.
Are the battery and usb circuits connnected?
Does anyone have schematics or ictures of this area of the camera?

Thanks
Q
kappax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:02 AM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

You started this thread in our Fujifilm dSLR Forum, which is setup for the Fujifilm dSLR models like the S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro and S5 Pro.

We have a separate Fujifilm Forum setup for non-DSLR Fuji models like your S9000. So, I've moved this thread there so you have a better chance of getting responses from S9000 owners.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:16 AM   #3

I have a 9000, and the USB port simply fell inside the camera. I sent the camera to Fuji for repair and they said that there was some kind of a circuit board that was part of that assembly, and that it had to be replaced along with the USB port. Fuji stated that this was not a "common" problem with this model and would not fix it as a warranty repair. It cost me $125 to have it fixed. And they said that that was half what it normally costs. They sort of indicated that they were reducing the cost to me because I argued with them about the cost of the repair. I felt that it should have been covered by the warranty. I suspect you are in for either a costly repair or a new camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:36 AM   #4

Ouch, that doesn't sound right that they didn't cover it under the warranty.
leaftye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:53 AM   #5

Well, the whole experience has soured my attitude about Fuji cameras. I have enjoyed my 9000 and still use it. I had another problem with the camera, the dreaded broken command dial. And in Fuji's defense, they did repair the command dial for free even though the warranty had expired. But I think I have purchased my last Fuji camera. Counting the film cameras that I had, I have purchased seven different Fuji cameras over the years. But I have no more loyalty to Fuji. I am looking at Nikon or Pentax next time.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:12 PM   #6

jphess wrote:
Quote:
I have a 9000, and the USB port simply fell inside the camera. I sent the camera to Fuji for repair and they said that there was some kind of a circuit board that was part of that assembly, and that it had to be replaced along with the USB port. Fuji stated that this was not a "common" problem with this model and would not fix it as a warranty repair. It cost me $125 to have it fixed. And they said that that was half what it normally costs. They sort of indicated that they were reducing the cost to me because I argued with them about the cost of the repair. I felt that it should have been covered by the warranty. I suspect you are in for either a costly repair or a new camera.
did you still have warranty when this happened?

Just because my experience with Fuji was very good about 2 years ago...I managed to damage the CCD by looking at the Sunwhile using a 2.2x telephoto conversion lens. Despite that it was quite new I expected a charge , but they repaired it without problem for free (it was in Hungary). They replaced the lens as well...they said it is coming together with the CCD sensor and it's a better version... After this I decided to prolong my warranty, so I've got 4 years warranty. It's also comlies with my environmental consious thinking...

pantelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:09 PM   #7

Yes, the camera was still under warranty when all this happened. I had only had the camera for about six months. The strange thing is that when my command dial broke later on, the camera was not still under warranty, but Fuji repaired the command dial for free. I'm still not very happy with the workmanship on my Fuji cameras. I'm not planning on purchasing another Fuji, ever.