Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 22, 2003, 3:04 AM   #1

Default Fuji S602, as a farm camera!

Hi all....

I need help finding a camera. My interests will be a fast shutter, good zoom and then the quality. I learned that on this forum the members want you to decide what your needs are first.

I'm looking at the S602 camera. I read on Steve's review that the shutter on manual can go anywhere from 15 to 1/10,000 seconds on this camera, is that true? If it is, I can stop looking for the Oly E-100RS then.

We live on a farm so I'll need it for taking pics of machinery on the move. I want a camera to catch moving parts, swathers, augered grain, straw from a chopper and what ever else moves out here. I know it's not the best camera for this (sports) but as long as it does a decent job I'll be pleased.
It's also a great camera for all my other needs too. The 6x zoom will come in handy for all the distance shots of the outfits. Picture quality with the S602 will be great also.

Another choice would be the Minolta A1, but that costs a bit more (but just in my price range though).

Any and all thoughts about me getting a S602.
Thanks in advance.
EyesRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2003, 3:36 AM   #2

Default Fuji S602, a farm camera!

Do yourself a favour and get it.
IMO it's the best value for money and it'll do everything you want. Excellent for sports etc.
good luck and enjoy.
Digifan.
digifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 8:09 AM   #3

You might want to get the S7000. It will allow a 3 megapixel shot at an ISO of 800 (so I have read). The 12 megapixel shot will allow you to crop more. For action shots, on a sunny day, in auto or programmed auto, you can easily get a shutter speed of 1/800 (I use the 602 in programmed auto using 400 ISO at 6 megapixel fine).
Marty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:06 AM   #4

Default Fuji S602, a farm camera!

You can opt for the S7000 but it will be released middle to end of october. Also S7000 is not as fast as the S602z. Ofcourse the 12MP/6MP is an improvement over 6MP/3MP. There are also some other minor differences but basiscly it's the same as aS602zPRO.
So you have a choise buy a camera now (S602z) or wait a month for the S7000.
Either way you cannot loose because both camera's are excellent.
digifan is offline   Reply With Quote