Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:47 AM   #1

I had been waiting for this Camera and it finaly arrived. This replacement for the great S700 is all that is said. I am most impressed with the overall construction. Only flaw i have seen so far is the battery Cover door. very flimsy and I fear it will break easily unless treated with extreme care.

I have only taken a few Pictures on Auto but the Quality is great and the pictures are clear and sharp.

I will try and place some on here when time allows.

Overall, a good camera.

RichardK

Attached Images

RichardK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2008, 4:08 AM   #2

This camera's strength is in the sp1 and sp2 settings. sp1 for close, and sp2 for far. if you choose sp1 and hit menu, select scene and the pictures come out fantastic. Do not rely on automatic because it has produced tons of noise for me. I have a very sharp monitor and I can see anything and everything.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:19 PM   #3

Cresho wrote:
Quote:
This camera's strength is in the sp1 and sp2 settings. sp1 for close, and sp2 for far. if you choose sp1 and hit menu, select scene and the pictures come out fantastic. Do not rely on automatic because it has produced tons of noise for me. I have a very sharp monitor and I can see anything and everything.
Could you elaborate on which "scene" modes you use for close and far? I've not had good results with any of the scene modes; I always end up having to use "P" mode and tweaking things to get the right exposure. There was another thread on here about the S1000fd, but it seems to have disappeared -- I wonder why?
sf3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:19 AM   #4

Well, I reduced the iso to about 64 and took pictures using the p1 and p2 with the appropriate scene setting like sport for example. This is where this camera works best.
Further testing showed me that I was unable to produce pictures better than my fujifilm 3800. In automatic, 3800 had better colors and overall displayed dark and light places very nicely. This is my opinion! using both cameras at 3.8mp, the 3800 was way better but the s1000fd showed finer detail but pixelation distortion was great. Too great!

I did'nt hold on to this camera too long. The s1000fd locked up on my 4 times within the 24 hour usage, image quality from my point of view was not what I wanted.Colors are way saturated, there are no brightness, contrast, color control nor quality of jpeg compression. If you guys ever used a fujifilm 3800, you will understand what I mean.

Hope this helps.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote