Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 28, 2003, 3:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klyak
Presuming again. Internet is full of reviews of Z1.
Oh reeeeaaaaallllyyy? How come none of us has seen it? Dpreview...nothing, Steve's ... nothing... Imaging-resource, Dcresource... nothing... just maybe PREviews.

Please wait until somebody with SOME experience about photography reviews it, then wait some more until SOME users buy it so they can share pics/opinions etc, THEN post "it is good" or "it is bad".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klyak
Man, looks, like they don't teach optics in your school.
Now who's presuming.

Cheers,
veedee.
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2003, 11:05 PM   #12

Again, 10x good lenses are EXPENSIVE, and so far no camera had 10x good lenses at a decent price.

I hate to differ with your two statements, but Panasonic uses a 12X Optically Stabalized lens from Leica in their DMC-FZ1 and FZ2 digital cameras. Here in Canada, the FZ1 cost $699. That's a great price for a digital camera, at least it is here.

Of course people will say that there is one drawback to this camera and that's the fact that it's only 2MP. I don't think that this is an issue, but some people will. Oh well, to each his own.

Stephen
snoopyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2003, 2:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyfz1
I hate to differ with your two statements, but Panasonic uses a 12X Optically Stabalized lens from Leica in their DMC-FZ1 and FZ2 digital cameras. Here in Canada, the FZ1 cost $699. That's a great price for a digital camera, at least it is here.

Of course people will say that there is one drawback to this camera and that's the fact that it's only 2MP. I don't think that this is an issue, but some people will. Oh well, to each his own.
Stephen
Yup, you're right, it seems that I haven't seen this one so far.
But, my assumption is still correct. To pay $699 for....
- 2Mp
- CCD size = 1/3.2"
- video is [email protected]
- NO shutter/aperture control, thus no manual mode at all
- EVF freezes 1.5 to 4 seconds after taking a shot
- propriertary lithium pack (ok, this isn't that bad,but I still don't like it)

... is still a bit too much

But, you're right, it is still a good camera for beginners, I actually think it might be the best point&shoot with big zoom lenses camera!

Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 7:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyfz1

Stephen
Yup, you're right, it seems that I haven't seen this one so far.
But, my assumption is still correct. To pay $699 for....
- 2Mp
- CCD size = 1/3.2"
- video is [email protected]
- NO shutter/aperture control, thus no manual mode at all
- EVF freezes 1.5 to 4 seconds after taking a shot
- propriertary lithium pack (ok, this isn't that bad,but I still don't like it)

... is still a bit too much

But, you're right, it is still a good camera for beginners, I actually think it might be the best point&shoot with big zoom lenses camera!

Thanks.

You're right of course, this is an entry level beginners camera, but man, what an entry level beginners camera!!! This camera can take great photos.

I have an FZ1 and I've never seen the "EVF freezes 1.5 to 4 seconds after taking a shot". I think that you got that from a review site on the web. I can assure you that this is not the case.

Stephen
snoopyfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2003, 4:09 AM   #15

yup, a kick ass entry level camera! enjoy it!

cheers,
veedee.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 4:10 AM   #16

oups, i just realised i can not say a.s.s.

bottom is good too, but it looses the meaning

kays, i'll try to behave.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 6:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedee
...Again, 10x good lenses are EXPENSIVE, and so far no camera had 10x good lenses at a decent price...
I don't really want to take to take this thread even futher away from the subject of the S5000, but you have a very good discussion going on about lenses and I just need to know one thing:

I have a friend who is looking at buying a 10 zoom camera in the near future after seeing how versatile my C-730 is. He went from wanting the S5000 to the Z1 a few days ago, mainly based on the two cameras specifications, but I have since been reading quite a bit about image quality - especially where the Z1 in concerned. Most peoples complaints seem to be coming from the standard of the lenses, with users commonly saying that the chromatic aberration on the Z1 is all to evident. So this leads to my question ...

... How good is the ED lens on the Olympus C-750? Does anyone have any idea - especially when compared to the Fuji and the Minolta?

Thanks in advance,

Ed
Eddie J is offline   Reply With Quote