Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 3, 2008, 1:12 PM   #1

:|I have the S700 fuji finpix i like it well till i seen the new 8000. i want to firmware update it . i have been using a 4 gig SD card in it but the computer wont see the camera now fuji says to up date the firmware. but i cant get it up dated does anyone know if i bring it to a camera store will they do it for me. i want to get it upgraded since now it wont even be seen by the pc with my 1 gig xd card in it. I want to sell this carera and get a new fuji soon . this one takes great pictures i got some real good pics of the puddle of mudd concert last week. maybe i will post some for you all to see. please email with any info you can about the upgrade thanks:|:|
Shutterbug-Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2008, 1:27 PM   #2

Go to the Fuji site and download the upgrade. I believe it is 1.01. Follow the instructions EXACTLY and you wont have any problems. It corrects a couple of faults with the camera and is worth doing. One fault is the red light stays on when using the 2 second timer.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 1:32 PM   #3

I have tried to do that i download the updater and the exe file i get an I/O error when trying to create folder not quite sure why. do you have the folder that i creates i could use to put it on my camera if you have a s700
Shutterbug-Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 4:17 PM   #4

Sorry, I have a Mac computer. Once I updated the firmware I tossed any files since they were no longer of any use.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote