Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:22 PM   #21
sun

Thx for the quick reply as I am a little nervous at spending the money and there are so many digicams out there that have great promises. I have been doing so much reading in the last weeks and then found this camera and printer. Apparently no more Canon's of this species will be in until the "6" version which I can't wait for.

So when taking pics I am not really into "ISO" on these new cams and really am quite ignorant for want of a better word !

Where would this setting be, since I have not bought it; I am only looking for comments from experienced owners/users, like yourself.

I want to take decent pics and also have the use of an external flash and I do shop around as you can see.

The interesting factor is my bro is out here from Toronto and his cam the same model is made in Japan and all in this location and we have been to many, many retailers are all from China.

All say, likely from the same supplier. The camera is a little heavy but being an old SLR user I wouldn't expect it to be light..... the days of 35mm...as I mentioned I am a "baby boomer".

Again all comments greatly appreciated.

I have I think ruled out the fuji....but need experienced observations.

Kudos to everyone who participates here....from a neophyte digicam wanna be owner.

Ciao for now !!!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:22 PM   #22
sun

Thx for the quick reply as I am a little nervous at spending the money and there are so many digicams out there that have great promises. I have been doing so much reading in the last weeks and then found this camera and printer. Apparently no more Canon's of this species will be in until the "6" version which I can't wait for.

So when taking pics I am not really into "ISO" on these new cams and really am quite ignorant for want of a better word !

Where would this setting be, since I have not bought it; I am only looking for comments from experienced owners/users, like yourself.

I want to take decent pics and also have the use of an external flash and I do shop around as you can see.

The interesting factor is my bro is out here from Toronto and his cam the same model is made in Japan and all in this location and we have been to many, many retailers are all from China.

All say, likely from the same supplier. The camera is a little heavy but being an old SLR user I wouldn't expect it to be light..... the days of 35mm...as I mentioned I am a "baby boomer".

Kudos to everyone who participates here....from a neophyte digicam wanna be owner.

Ciao for now !!!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:22 PM   #23
sun

Ciao for now !!!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 8:56 PM   #24

Sun-

Any degree of indecision or hesitancy is to be expected when you find yourself at difficult decion point. I will tell you what: buy the Canon S-5 for me at $(Cdn) 339.00. I will immediately send you a PayPal payment for $(CDN) 339.00when I receive the camera.

I will promise you that I will test it out and submit at least 10 photo samples, so that you can make a more educated and comfortabledecision about the Canon S-5.

Man, if you can purchase a Canon S-5 for (Cdn) 339.00, I would be down there with bells on to open the store on Monday morning, and to purchase that Canon S-5 camera.

However, If you are not dealing fairly and realistically with the truth, and with all of us on this Forum, and the Canon S-5 available to you perhaps costs more than $(Cdn) 339.00 by more than $(Cdn) 20.00, then just fess up and we will still be friends.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:33 PM   #25
sun

It is definitely $339 cdn and I just picked it up the canon 3500 printer and can have both for 30 days testing and return if unhappy. The printer was $20 cdn more.

Thought that I better go down and get it as there were only 3 boxed onesleft and it seems pretty decent for the price and features, though I was stuck on the Fuji until I totally understood Image Stabilization thru the Lens.

I still don't understand the ISO 200 that is mentioned here.

I also realize the weight of the camera but that is no big deal as when I use it I will know that it is a Camera !

After all I was a 35 mm black/white hobbyist (baby boomer) user for many years.

The better half said I should be concerned about the warranty on the Canon printer since it only cost $20, however we have several canon printers here (1) 9100, (1) 4300, (2) pixma 5000 and (2) notebook 80 0r 85's...I am not sure of the model.

So I do have it and bought it at Staples and paid $339 total for the camera...clearing out all boxed items.

So I guess I will have to familiarize myself with it and look to comments again. I know this is a Fuji forum, however so many also seem to know this digi cam.

Thank you for your interest !