Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:31 PM   #31

I will tell you what. I have really been enjoying this Fuji and still have yet to see this PF the pros keep talking about...

Even in harsh light, it shines.

jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:24 AM   #32

After reading all the review and seeing the samples picture from S100, seem not bad at all. Comparing entry level dSLR and S100 still a good alternative. I think I not ready for dSLR yet, not budget for the lenses.
armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:31 AM   #33

Hi Jgredline,

Just curious on the extra battery that you bought. How do you rate it, if compare to the original battery?
Plan to get one end of this month
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:51 AM   #34

It's about the same as the oe. I really like the car charger it came with. It charges it back up in about 1 hour, so even though this camera is a battery eater, it does not bother me..Here is the link to the battery I bought.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230263029475

armadilloshield wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jgredline,

Just curious on the extra battery that you bought. How do you rate it, if compare to the original battery?
Plan to get one end of this month
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:05 AM   #35

That's great, thanks for the info
Looking forward to get this cam soon :G
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:39 AM   #36

Hey, I'm new to Steve's Digicams but it looks like a great opportunity to exchange ideas and views. I've just recently bought the S100FS and find it a great camera. Just like Jgredline I haven't even noticed the feared CA one bit! I'm encouraged to know that it works well with a B&W filter because thats what I've just bought.

I do however have two complaints which (as far as I've seen) haven't been listed here yet. I'm hoping they're either things I just haven't figured out yet or things that'll be solved in the next firmware update.

1) I find it appalling that such a high-spec bridge camera doesn't display crucial settings such as aperture and shutter speed in the playback. I found my Canon S5IS great until it grew legs () and it displayed everything. It also took far better sound recordings than this baby.

2) The dynamic range bracketing is a sales gimmick. OK I know that this is a "so what, its not a real dissadvantage" case, but I must say I was dissapointed. I've tried it out on various occasions and found that it's much better to use AE bracketing then stitch the photos together as an HDR in photoshop. Even this method dosen't result in what I'd expected.

I'll keep posting...
natureboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:51 AM   #37

OK I might've sounded a bit too critical in my last post. Just to avoid confusion - I really am very happy with this camera, especially because for the price I paid I would've got "only" an entry level DSLR and have to pay lots more for the lenses.
If anyone knows how to get the playback to display aperture and shutter speed I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd share the knowledge! Thanks.

P.S. For nature photography it's absolutely awesome!
natureboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:21 AM   #38

natureboy wrote:
Quote:
OK I might've sounded a bit too critical in my last post. Just to avoid confusion - I really am very happy with this camera, especially because for the price I paid I would've got "only" an entry level DSLR and have to pay lots more for the lenses.
If anyone knows how to get the playback to display aperture and shutter speed I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd share the knowledge! Thanks.

P.S. For nature photography it's absolutely awesome!
Nature boy
It will definatly show you all this info and the historgram as well. When I get to work I will take a look at how to set that up.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:25 AM   #39

for problem no. 1, I think must be some display setting, bcos my Fuji F31 can also see the speed, aperture and ISO setting during viewing.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:18 PM   #40

Nice photos posted here. IMO, this is the best non-dslr out there. I've considered getting one myself. Just for a cool comparison, I had someone in another forum post some photos of a coin. Here is 100% crop showing a side by side at ISO 800 between his Fuji S100FS and my Nikon D40. The D40 is smoother, but the Fuji does really good, better than even some DSLR's out there.

Attached Images

Highway is offline   Reply With Quote