Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 28, 2008, 11:08 PM   #1

Well, After spending the past few weeks reading everything I could find on the Fuji S100fs, I decided to buy one...I should note that the common knock is PF and so I was fully expecting that. Well after a day of shooting with this beast, I have nothing but praise for it. No PF what so ever. I am guessing Fuji fiixed this problem, or perhaps the B+W UV filter I added to the lens took care of it....The image quality is nothing short of brilliant and the shake reduction works very well...It is as sharp at 400 as it is at 28mm....This camera walks circles around my Fuji S9100 and I so far have it equal with my Canon G9. My only complaint is that it is a tad slow to auto focus, but I am also comparing it to my DSLR's so take that with a grain of salt...Although the G9 does auto focus faster....I will post some images as soon as I have them processed.
Right now on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 9
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2008, 5:44 PM   #2

keep us posted how you like this camera? I am really close to buying one..thanx..i would like opinions on the viewfinder....eventhough the lcd is a bit smallish compared to the norn nowadays.
jageya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 5:52 PM   #3

The view finder is quite good. Since I am primarliy a DSLR user, the view finder was important to me since I will use it 90% of the time. It is big, bright and frankly the camera responds better. I imagine that battery life will also be improved.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 3:26 AM   #4

Congrats on the buyi am also thinking of buying one also so i don't have to take my 400D and lenses with me on family vacation, so do you find it better than some of the reviews out, although the reviews say it's a great camera also have you tested pictures and compared them to your dslr?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:24 PM   #5

Here are some sample images.

Old Jun 6, 2008, 3:27 PM   #6

Old Jun 6, 2008, 4:07 PM   #7

Some pictures at 800 ISO ...This amazed me from a point and shoot...As much as I love my Canon G9, It can't do this....But I also realize that this F100fs is a Bridge camera and behaves very much like an SLR and given Fuji's great rep for putting out cameras with great ISO performance, it is no surprise.

Old Jun 6, 2008, 4:15 PM   #8

jgredline wrote:
Quote:
Some pictures at 800 ISO ...This amazed me from a point and shoot...As much as I love my Canon G9, It can't do this....But I also realize that this F100fs is a Bridge camera and behaves very much like an SLR and given Fuji's great rep for putting out cameras with great ISO performance, it is no surprise.

These are great shots, have you PP any of them or are they right out of camera, very good ISO shots, now i know it can't compete at ISO levels than a dslr but other than that how would it compare in other areas?
Old Jun 6, 2008, 4:31 PM   #9

Herc,
These right out of the camera. If I ran through nise removal software, they would really be great. So far my only complain is it is somewhat slow to auto focus, but when it locks on, it locks on...It is better than most entry Level DSLR's ''IMO''
Old Jun 6, 2008, 4:37 PM   #10

jgredline wrote:
Quote:
Herc,
These right out of the camera. If I ran through nise removal software, they would really be great. So far my only complain is it is somewhat slow to auto focus, but when it locks on, it locks on...It is better than most entry Level DSLR's ''IMO''
Fantastic, it is on my wish list