Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:56 AM   #1

Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum and excited to be here.. Has anyone had experince taking wedding photos with the Fuji S700? This camera is a relatively new purchase for me and I have yet to really stretch it's legs. I was thinking of using primarily the B/W mode. Any thoughts. Thanks so much
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:44 AM   #2

I don't believe the camera is up to the task of producing professional-quality wedding photographs, but you could have a lot of fun taking candid photos. Have you tried the black and white mode on the camera? We all have our personal preferences on how to use our cameras. I prefer creating my black and white images in postprocessing.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:07 AM   #3

This would not be a professional job. Mostly candid photos with few posed setups.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:36 AM   #4

I also own the Fuji S-700. It is a good camera, but not a camera IMHO that is up to doing flash shots at distances of greater than 10 feet. Really in a wedding situation, I feel, that it is much more effective in terms of final results, to use a good camera with an external flash.

Yes, I do 3 to 4 weddings each year and I generally use a DSLR camera with an external flash. As jphess noted, you can do close in candids quite nicely, and that may be sufficient for you. Good Luck!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:59 AM   #5

Thank you Sarah. Do you have any samples of your Wedding work?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:41 PM   #6

OK, after what I've said previously and going against everything I have said in other forums about wedding photography, I'm going to give you something that will just scare every one of you to death.

I have a daughter getting married in November. We are not in a real good financial situation. First of all I will tell you that I know, this isn't going to work. I'm a fool. No argument whatsoever. But, having said that, I have a son-in-law who has a Nikon D70, I have a Fuji S9000, a niece who has a Nikon D80, and there will be at least two Fuji S5100 cameras there as well. There will probably be others, but these are the ones I know about for sure. The wedding ceremony cannot be photographed. Cameras of any sort are not allowed because the building is a temple that is considered sacred and cameras are considered to be inappropriate. So, the pictures will be taken outside the temple after the wedding and at the location for the reception.

My plan is that I will compile all the pictures from everyone. Then I will choose a series of photos and create a MyPublisher leather bound album. And that is going to be what my daughter and her husband will get, along with all of the photos on a disk. I have done this before with reasonable success. In fact, I haven't had any complaints. Yes, I know. They won't be professional photographs. But the wedding memories will be there. And frankly, they really aren't that bad. Total cost for my daughter's wedding photos and album will be about $200.

There. How is that for the joke of the Day?
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:26 PM   #7

Suggestion:

Have a disposable camera (or two) on each reception table for the guests to snap candids!

You may be pleasantly surprised.
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote